Chapter 13

Victoria found herself, pushing herself up away from Dallas and the cold ground, and towards Chad. She heard a growl and was surprised to find that it was coming from her! Next thing she knew was that she and Chad were both on the ground, her on top, and she was smacking him repeatedly. Had she just tackled him? Damn it felt good either way.

"OW VICTORIA... STOP!!!" Chad had his hands up in front of his face trying to block the majority of her blows, pure terror was edged into his features. 

This just caused her to start hitting harder. "YOU... STALKING BASTARD! WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT!?!? She heard the satisfying sound of her hand connecting hard with the side of his face. A red impression of her hand started to form almost instantly. She smirked. Behind her came the sound of Dallas chuckling, which made her smile wider.

Chad looked completely shocked, and she couldn't blame him. When they had dated, she did everything and anything Chad wanted. When ever he wanted to go out or hang out with his friends and wanted to drag her along, she would go without a fuss. He would always pick the movie or the dinner that they would go to. At first she was fine with it, she thought that's what happened in relationships, since the whole thing was kind of new to her. Then slowly she realized that a relationship was a two way street. All her friends were happy with there's, but in hers she was miserable. On top of him always choosing everything, when ever she wanted to do something without him, she would have to ask him for permission.

She flashed back to the present. Apparently at some point in her day dream, Dallas had pulled her off Chad and was holding her close to him, almost protectively. Chad had a hold of his cheek and was saying something to her, but her ears didn't want to work at the time.

"Shut up Chad. I'm done with you and your stupid ways." She said once she had found her voice once again. He looked shocked that she had just cut across what he was saying, but knew better than to act upon it.

"So I can't be apart of my baby's life now at all?"

"So stalking me every day after school is how you want to be apart of their life? To check up on who I'm hanging out with? Or who I'm dating? Yeah, that's really a good way to start to be in your child's life Chad. Why don't you worry less about yourself and your reputation, and care about something else for once. Like the fact that I have no job to support this baby. Or that my mom is going to kick me out because I got pregnant and I'm a 'disgrace to the family'. Didn't know all that did you? No, because your busy stalking me and my boyfriend."

Chad's mouth hung open in shock. He stared at them both before looking back and forth between the two. Her face had hardened into a scowl, and she knew Dallas had a smug look on his face. Victoria had just answered his question, and she knew that Dallas would be on cloud nine right about now.

"BOYFRIEND?!?" Chad's voice broke her of her happy thoughts about Dallas being happy. She reached over and held Dallas's hand. That action alone said enough. Chad's features melted into complete discuss. "Your not allowed to have my child anywhere near this monster." Chad stated giving Dallas's shoulder a rough shove.

"Well Chad, I am the mother, and you walked out on me. Therefore it is my decision, not yours. And if I want to date Dallas then I can. You no longer control me, and you can't do a thing about it. I told you, you were an ass." She felt empowered with herself. She was in control, not him. And dammit that felt good.

Chad huffed and stormed off, a trail of cuss words followed in his wake, but she didn't care. She turned to Dallas, who had a smug smile on his face. He raised his eyebrows. "Boyfriend huh?"

She smiled and entwined her hands in his. "Problem with that?"

"No. Not at all. Couldn't be happier." He smiled at her, one of his breath taking, genuine smiles. One that she loved so much, and she sensed that he knew that she loved it. It was rare to see a smile of his like that one, his smiles were usually forced to be nice.

They walked to the car when she turned to him. "Let's stay at your house. I don't trust Chad." He nodded, deciding not to say anything, and they climbed into her car and drove away. She liked staying at his house, it made her feel safe. Plus she didn't have to deal with her crazy mother. 

Little did she know that her brother had seen the whole thing, with a big frown on his face.