Chapter 11: The Reflection, Weakened.

A/N

Thank you for those still reading. I really only update when I feel like it and trust me, asking me to update never helps. You just have to be patient.

Also Boruto fucking sucks.

———

"Sasuke still needs time to heal.. I'm afraid that the fight is coming soon." a voice quietly mutters, afraid for her teammate's health.

A small tuft of blackish-gray hair bounces slightly, hearing a familiar name being spoken by someone unfamiliar. He stares at his partner who nods in confirmation and takes out a small book. A Root member's bingo book.

"Karin Uzumaki. She was taken advantage of for her healing skills as a child and now she's apparently apart of Sasuke's new clique." the blond haired male spoke, closing the book and taking a sip of his tea, "To think that Sasuke would easily give up Team Seven for some... experiments? What do you think, Itsu-kun?" He asks, fiddling with his fingers.

Itsuo notices the small fidgets and grabs the other man's hand in comfort, "Power over personality I guess." He lets out a small laugh, caressing his significant other's hand to ease the situation, "Yukiichi, she'll be fine. You're an amazing medic."

Toshiyuki pouts and crosses his arms, surprising Itsuo, "It's not the physical harm I'm talking about. It's the mental harm. That stupid duckbutt hurt her!"

"He didn't directly hurt her." Itsuo started, being interrupted by a waiter who placed a small bag on the table, "He hurt her pride. Koneko's confidence is huge, but once you pierce through the barrier, you'll notice that it's hollow. She's not as strong and she comes off as. Everyone has their weaknesses."

Placing his hands on the table, Toshiyuki sighed in defeat, then smirked mischievously, "How about we take advantage of Sasuke while he's weak-"

"No. We have to get back soon and check up on Koneko. She'll probably be waking up soon anyways." Itsuo stood up, placing the tip on the table for the waitress, "There's something that's just throwing me off." Toshiyuki picked up the bag which contained various treats for the monochromatic haired girl. They only remembered how they even found her in the first place.

---Flashback---

"According to our bug, Itachi should be in Amegakure which is two towns over." Itsuo let out a long sigh, in order to find Koneko or stop Sasuke, they had to find their target first. It was better to talk to Itachi before anything else and stop as big of a situation as they could.

They've been travelling for days, their process was quite repetitive, "At least we're almost there?" Toshiyuki smiles weakly, trying to see the light of the situation. He looks up, the bright yellow ball in the sky was ruining his skin and it was like it was purposely trying to annoy him.

Then, a large bird soared above him before disappearing in a large puff of smoke and a feminine figure came falling down with no intent of trying to break the fall.

His instincts kicked in and quickly climbed up a tree to launch himself off of it to catch the girl midair. Toshiyuki landed gracefully on the ground, carefully holding the girl in his arms. Itsuo rushed over to tend to the girl and noticed the distinct color of her hair. He only knew one person with this hair color, "I-It's Koneko.." he mutters in disbelief, searching for her chakra vitals.

Toshiyuki placed his fingers around her neck, searching for a pulse, "She's alive but she's in a seriously bad condition." Itsuo's eyes widen as he grabbed Koneko out of Toshiyuki's arms. His arms began glowing and he ran towards the town that they were already going to stop at, "Itsu-kun where are you going!" Toshiyuki shouted, running after him.