Dirty Little Secret

We walk the three miles back to the pack house in silence. I am able to tell that Erin is debating whether or not to start hell by yelling at me.

   When we get to the house, she leads the way in, and heads straight for a room towards the back of it. We are probably going to her room.

   Once we walk in, I am positive that it is her room. The purple ceiling accenting the black walls makes me believe that this is a girls room, plus the lime green bed off to the side helps, too.

   "I like your room." I state, not wanting to be rude or anything.

   "Thanks." she replies, then turns to look at me. Here we go, "What the hell happened back there? What did you do? Climb a tree? It sort of scared me how your scent just disappeared and there was no way to find you. I tried to listen, but heard nothing. Where did you go? What did you do? Can you show me?"

   "Slow down! One question at a time, you have me a little confudled right now."

   "Confudled?" she asks with an amused expression.

   "Yes, confudled. When I was younger, I couldn't pronounce the word confused, and now I just say confudled out of habit.

   "Oh, okay. My first question is Where did you go?"

   "Easy, I followed your scent back to here. I wanted to follow you so I could see what your 'special power' is."

   "Really?! You followed me?! I couldn't even tell! Ha! Did yo see what my 'special power' is?"

   "Yes, how can you run that fast? You were like faster than anything I have ever seen!"

   "I don't know, I guess it was just born into me. Enough about me, I have more questions for you!"

   "Okay, shoot." i say as I take a seat on her amazingly comfortable bed.

   "What did you do? I got to the clearing and it was as if you hadn't moved since I left, but I knew you weren't there, or at least I couldn't see, smell, or sense you."

   "Oh, that. I have the ability to mask my scent and movement. Plus my whole body just sort of does this weird thing that allows for me to go undetected until I want to be seen."

   "Then how did Rebecca find you. I thought she said that you made a noise that brought her attention to you." Crap, she is on to me, a little.

   "I don't like to use the power all of the time becasue I see it as a disadvantage, so I didn't even think about using i when I crossed their paths. I was just walking through the trees when I heard them. The best thing I could do was climb the tree closest to them to see what was going on. I actually did use it to silence myself and go unnoticed until I was in the tree. It was then that I stupidly let my guard down."

   "I understand. One more question, and then I'm done, I think." She has so many deep questions, that I don't know how many more I can answer.

   "Okay, fine. Please make it quick because I am beat and ready to go to bed." While saying that, I ly down completely on Erin's bed.

   "Okay!" She exclaims, before getting to her question, "Can you show me how to do what you did out there?" She asks, while jabbing her thumb in the direction of the woods.

   "I don't know. I tried to train my other friend once, and she just got mad at me when she wasn't able to do it. I don't want you getting angry at me if you are not able to successfully mask your scent."

   "I will be fine if I can or can't. I just wanna try and see if I can."

   "Okay, if you insist. We will try tomorrow because right now I am going to go find an empty bed and pass out from exhaustion." I think about how I was never given a room, and am about to ask, when Erin cuts me off mid-thought.