Taking Chances

*Jess's P.O.V.*

   I feel sleep leaving me, and I almost groan in annoyance. Why did morning have to come so quickly. I was not even close to ready to even open my eyes, so I decide to just spend the day in bed.

   I am on the verge of sleep when I hear a soft knock on the door. It seems the world has other ideas on how I am to spend the day; I can't wait to see what is going to happen. Can you hear my sarcasm yet?

   I swing my legs over the side of the bed, and slowly make my way to the door; not caring how long the person outside has to wait. They will just have to suck i up and deal with it.

   As I neared the door, I heard the person on the other side figit- obviously not liking the amount of time I am taking to answer them. I am about two feet from the door when the person knocks again. Someone needs to take a chill pill for God's sake.

   I reach the door, and rip it open; almost gasping when I see the person on the other side. Seriously? Is this some kind of joke? I might as well go find those rogues now so they can just kill me.

   "What do you want?" I ask, already annoyed.

   "I just wanted to see how you were doing. I heard Alpha Doug had you guys going crazy over some rogues that came onto the land. Is that true?" This person must have been given orders to just piss me off for the day. Well, let me tell you, they are doing a great job!

   "Wow! You are so smart and yes it is all true. Now if that is all you wanted, I would like to get back to sleeping now, so if you don't mind leaving..." I trail off letting them make their own assumptions.

   "I know that I'm smart, you don't have to tell me that, and no that is not all I wanted. I was also just wondering how you are. I know that you are a rogue and staying in one place is probably pretty hard. And you are probably guessing how I came up with this assumption and it is from seeing all the drama you love to start."

   Is it just me, or was I just insulted by a person that is pretty much a stranger to me, "I am fine, thank you very much. Yes, I am a rogue, but I also used to be in a pack. I know what it is like to live with people and not run, that is part of the reason why I left. And am I realy starting that much drama? I thought I only started stuff with Erin, Beck, and Rebecca. I didn't think I was doing that much damage. If you think this is bad, you should have seen me with my other pack, no one liked to interact with me because I liked to do crazy things, and my powers made everyone jealous of me."

   I finish, and my visitor just stares at me. Why can't my little hint that I want to be left alone be taken seriously? I mean honestly- why was it so hard for people to just leave me alone? Do I have to leave again just so I can get some peace and quiet? If I do, I might as well leave for good.

   "What are you thinking about?" I'm asked, and I don't know if I really want to answer.

   "Why should I tell you? It's not like you really care."

   "Whatever."

   And before I can stop myself, I reply with my usual, "You too."

   "Not again! I was hoping that you would only do that once, but I guess I was wrong."

   "Oh Chance, you have a lot to learn. Everytime someone says 'whatever' to me, I always respond the same way, no matter what. So get over it, or leave me alone." I finish talking, and turn to walk back to bed. Since he seems pretty adament on staying, I might as well get comfortable.

   He follows me into the room, and closes the door behind him.

   "What are you going to do- rape me? I don't think you needed to close the door." He is really starting to freak me out a little bit.