Run Away Home

I hear what the two guys have to say, and then turn around quickly and silently to make my way to the pack house. This information needs to be shared with Doug, and quickly.

   I run there qickly, and decide on the way that it is better for both Erin and me if I ignore her for now. With what is coming, I can't afford to let her distract me.

   When I get up to the house, I am quick to head butt the door open and run up to my room. I walk in and slam the door shut with my back paw as I make my way towards my closet. I grab the first things my hands touch, and thankfully they all go together good enough.

   I throw on the short shorts and tank top that I found, and bound down the stairs. I use my nose to smell out Doug, and once I find his scent, I follow it like a bloodhound. It leads me to a closed door that I figure is his office.

   I stop just long enough for anyone inside to hear my breathing, and then barge in, knowing that this can not wait. When i look around the room, I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding because there is no one other than Doug present.

   "Can I help you Jessica?" Doug asks, worry clear on his face since I just slammed into his door and came in without even announcing myself.

   "Yes, but it is more can you help Rebecca and the rest of your pack. Not really me." I blurt this out, and wait for his reaction. It isn't everyday that someone comes into your office and tells you randomly that you have to protect you pack and all that shit.

   "Why would I need to help Rebecca, let alone the rest of my pack?! Jess- what is going on? Tell me." Worry and stress leak into his voice as he stares at me. His attempt to use his alpha voice has no affect on me, for all I know, he could have just been making conversation. But I do know. He is worried, and wants answers.

   "Well, you see..." I trail off, unsure of where to begin. Should I tell him about the dare, or even the fight that Erin and I had. What does he already know? I decide to just start from where I am in the cave, sleeping for the night, "I was in a cave on the outskirts of your pack territory, when I heard people talking. Being the curious ninja that I am, I went to investigate. I got close enough to see two people talking to each other. There was an older man, about your age, and a young boy, maybe thirteen- no older. I listened to what they said, and when I heard one of them mention Rebecca by name, I knew that this couldn't be good. I finished listening to them, and then came here to warn and inform you. Your welcome."

   It takes a few moments for Doug to recover, but once he does, I regret coming. I have never had a single person ask me so many questions before.

   "What did they look like? Did they say why they wanted her? Who were they? How did the runners not know that they were on out land? What were you doing out there? What do they want from my pack?" After a while, I just block him out, and focus soley on my own questions. Why Rebecca and why this pack? I plan on finding out, too.

   After long, Doug finally runs out of questions, and I decide to try and answer some of the ones that I actually remember.

   "The older guy had short-ish black hair and was sort of tall with brown eyes. He was also pretty tan and had some sort of alpha blood in him. The younger boy was pale-ish with jet black hair. He also had gold eyes. As for why they want Rebecca, I honestly have absolutely no idea. I don't know who they are, obviously, that's why I came to you. I don't know how you didn't know, but you might want to look into that." I tell him all that I can, and then turn around to leave, but he has other ideas.

   "Take me to where you saw them. I want to search for them."

   I don't argue as I lead the way out of the house. We are almost out of the kitchen, when I smell her. I start to walk faster, but I'm not fast enough. Shit.