18 - Same path

As everyone was celebrating, (Name) felt a hole in her heart appear. Everyone notices how she refused to participate. But she drank a lot without getting drunk. Her alcohol tolerance was not to be questioned, being a Commander who had to drink on official situations, she liked to think it was impenetrable.

"What're you doing here, brat?" The captain appeared next to.

"Oh, captain. I was just..." (Name) didn't even have the strength to continue what's she was saying.

"Your princess has grown, is that what's bothering you?"

The younger female laughed for a while but then sat there sadly. It was true afterall. "Is it obvious?"

"Extremely."

(Name) smiled, "You're absolutely ruthless." but steed at the red haired girl who was turning into a women. "But you're right."

The captain smiled cockily while sitting down, "I'm always right,"

"I don't want her to grow up with bloodshed, that's my life and I hate it. I don't want her to go through that path."

"I'm guessing she reminds you of yourself." Gi-Gan said while taking a swig from the bottle (Name) had in her hand.

"Yeah."

"Child, you really are kind, but not every kid is destined to suffer the same fare you did. Every parent has their own flaws, you just happened to have bad timing. You can't expect the world to be fair and safe."

(Name)'s breath hitched in her throat. "How do you know about my parents."

"I just do." Gi-Gan smiled while stealing (Name)'s bottle entirely, "I agree you should get drunk, but get drunk with your friends." And pushed her into the crowd.

(Name) mouthed a 'thank you' to the older while disappearing into the crowd.

The grey haired commander looked at the moon, smiling, "Ruyi, you have no reason to worry about your child."