Chapter 2: Slightly Stalking

Her heart was a secret garden and the walls were very high.

Damien

"Soooooooooo. Booooorrred," Ryder complained as he was upside down on the couch. He tried moving to a sitting position, but he just ended up falling on the ground.

"Idiot," Bennett laughed and continued to read 'To Kill a Mockingbird'.

"So how do you kill a Mockingbird?" Ryder asked and got back up.

"You do know that it's not actually about killing a Mockingbird, right?" Bennett asked, using his finger as a bookmark and closed the book.

"Right," Ryder dragged as he raised his right eyebrow. "Yeah, 'Cause the title isn't 'To Kill a Mockingbird'." He snorted, and Bennett threw a pillow at him.

It felt good to be back home. Two years ago, I left. Something terrible happened to my family. I was weak and in order for me to gain strength, I gathered a crew together.

They followed me and trusted me, making me the leader, not only because I formed the crew but because I was fit to lead them.

It was hard leaving my best friends and not to mention the girl of my dreams; Mae Anderson but I had to. The only thing I had trouble with was getting her to speak to me.

When I moved back here over the summer, I had my friends fill me in on her. They said she still wears her hoodies and never talks to anyone. I want to talk to her, and I want her to respond back with her voice, not just a paper.

"You come back to town after moving away the second time, and you're still no fun," Ryder said. Bennett threw another pillow at him but missed.

"Is that your only weapon?!" Ryder asked, slightly angry.

"I can use my fist, but I'd break your face," Bennett snapped and opened his book again.

"You won't," Ryder smiled, sarcastically.

"You're right. Your head's rock solid." Bennett said and returned his eyes to his book.

Four years ago, which was freshman year, I moved back here with Bennett and Ryder. I didn't only leave after freshman year. I used to live here when I was about seven years old. At that time, I didn't know Ryder or Bennett. After I moved when I was younger, I met them.

"But you have to admit, he's being boring," Ryder tried.

"It's probably because of Mae," Bennett said.

"Mute Mae," Ryder joked, so I socked his arm with the back of my fist. It wasn't even that hard to cause him to fall to the ground, groaning in pain, but he did anyway. "OoowWW." He dragged and sat back down.

"Don't call her that," I told him.

"What? I just don't understand how someone doesn't speak for over ten years."

"Maybe you'd understand if you understood what you don't understand," Bennett told him, and I smiled because of Ryder's confused face.

"I don't even understand what you just said," Ryder said.

"I don't understand how you're supposed to be smart," Bennett mumbled.