Chapter 6: Silent Sinner

She is suffering but no one knows that because she hides that someplace deep inside.

Damien

I hate waking up in the morning but when I do, I actually liked being awake early. What I mean is, I don't like the getting out of bed process.

I took a shower, got dressed, and headed downstairs. When I walked in, Ryder and Bennet were eating my food. I couldn't believe they had the audacity to leave me and then come into my home and eat my food.

"Enjoying the food?" They started choking on the food when I asked. It was quite a sight. Ryder being the dramatic one, gasped for air and pretended he was dead. Bennett was just looking at him.

"I'm ashamed of you," Bennett said while shaking his head.

"Too much?" Ryder asked, and we nodded.

"Just a bit. I'm not mad at you-"

"Oh, thank god!" Ryder interrupted me, in relief.

"You didn't let me finish. I'm not mad at you Bennett... because I know it wasn't your fault."

"Thanks, man. I tried telling him to wait for you, but he just drove away."

"Traitor." Ryder accused Bennett.

"You did it to yourself," Bennett shrugged.

"The cops were coming, and you were just standing there... like an idiot," Ryder argued.

"How'd you get home safely?" Bennett asked.

"Mae. She saved me when you didn't," I said, looking at Ryder, but he just rolled his eyes.

"Oh... what a hero. I should ask her for her autograph," Ryder said, dryly.

"Weren't the cops on anyone who was there?" Bennett asked. "She was one of the racers."

"I know. I'm telling you, She has this thing that helps her get away from cops. It's software or something."

"Really, what is it?" Ryder asked. I blinked at him.

"I wouldn't have said 'it's software or something' if I knew," I spoke to him like I was speaking to a child. "I don't really know what it is. All I know is that Zach activated it, and it helped her escape from the cops. Also, her car's name was Lexi."

"That's cool... I guess," Ryder mumbled and shrugged.

"You still have to give her your car. You do know that, right? I'll drive you and Bennett home. Take your car today. Let's go," I reminded him. I knew he was going to hate giving it up, but he dealt it.

"Do I have to? You know that was the last thing my mom gave me."

"Try telling that to Mae. If not then buy another one and give that one to her. You should have thought about that the first time," I said as we stood up.

"I didn't think I was going to lose."

"Yeah, you said that the first time," I said as we walked out of the house.

"No breakfast? I'm really starting to feel the love," Max said when I opened the front door. He put his arm around my neck, and we started shoving each other. "Some hospitality you got there."

"Some guest," I forced out as he was struggling to get a hold of me, and he laughed. Max was a good friend of mine. I trusted him with my life like I trusted Ryder and Bennett with my life.

When I first started everything, I needed money. I found a connection and a money transfer was happening for our gang. Max found out and tried stealing some of the money. That son of a bitch had the nerve to steal from us.