Chapter 7: Sizzling Skin

Only trust someone who can see these three things in you: the sorrow behind your smile, the love behind your anger, and the reason behind your silence.

Mae

I heard the door to Razor's office close, so I put my phone away. "He's coming," Zach whispered.

"Ask him what he knows about the Serpents," I whispered. "In a subtle way." Last time I wanted to know if we could skip out on a weekend drop off, so I told Zach to ask, and he said 'Mae wants to know if we can skip out this weekend'. Who does that?!

Zach got up, so I slid over, and he sat next to me. Billy slid into the booth first and then Razor sat at the end.

"What do you know about The Serpents?" Zach asked.

"Why?" Billy asked, quickly.

"Just curious," Zach told him.

"We have an alliance. Their Leader is Damien King. That's not a surprise to anyone so that's why I'm telling you. You've fought for them a couple of times. It was an exchange," Billy answered. "Damien is in your grade. You haven't heard the rumors or is Mae asking?"

"No." I signed.

"Liar," Billy called. "You think Damien's hot?" He gave me a goofy grin and leaned in a bit.

"No." I signed, and he smiled.

"Okay. If you say so," He said and raised his right eyebrow, so I nodded.

"Get to the point," Razor said.

"You have a fight this weekend," Billy told us as Razor ordered another beer.

"Yeah, big pay," Zach said, and we were both happy. Even though Razor and his guys helped Zach and I, it came with a price. The Black Scorpion's basically owned our asses. Well, until we could pay off that debt.

Razor offered any car that I wanted. It didn't matter the price. He said he would get it for me, and me being a fourteen-year-old and not knowing it was a trick, got a really expensive and a really fast car.

That was a big debt to pay. I wanted to buy a car after I saved up enough money to buy the car that I wanted. Razor didn't let me pay him the debt with my own money, it had to be the money I worked for but no one would sell me one, so I went to Razor. He told people not to sell me one, so I had to buy one from Razor.

"After three more fights your debt will be paid," Razor said and started chugging his beer. Razor changed. He wasn't the same person anymore, but I couldn't blame him. After what happened to him, I would have changed too.

"Well... actually... we were going to give all of it to you so that way it would only be one more fight. This upcoming one," Zach clarified. Razor slammed his beer on the table and laughed.

"You just want to leave?" Razor asked. He leaned in and glared at me. "You can't leave."

"Keep cool, man," Billy said.

"Shut the fuck up, Billy," Razor said, tired of hearing Billy's voice. "For once in your god damn life, just shut the fuck up." After what happened with Sophia, Razor and Billy's friendship took a breaking point. One that could never be fixed.

~Flashback~

Two years ago

Razor, Jose, Josh, and I came back from a drop. Billy wasn't feeling too good, so he stayed back. I was glad that we made it back a little sooner than we were supposed to. That way I can do some homework.

I liked doing it at the bar. It was kind of fun. Especially, when I would ask Razor's men if they could help me. They would end up getting mad and then making a bet on whoever could teach me first.