Chapter Nine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello!

So this is chapter nine and we finally get to meet Rosie! I hope you enjoy reading and if you've been reading from the start and you've been supporting this story i want to say a big THANK YOU! 

This chapter has not been edited so please tell me if you spot any mistakes because i haven't spotted any :S

Anyways, please vote and continue to read!

Enjoy beautifuls <3

Chelcia xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kayla

“I’m at a payphone trying to call home, all of my change I’ve spent on you” Rings the alarm on my phone, ten times louder than it should, screeching in my ear. I reach out for my phone as I desperately try to stop the song from echoing into the room. The alarm suddenly stops, allowing the room to fall silent again. I let out a relived sigh as I begin to drift back into my deep sleep. Seconds later my alarm begins to sound again, driving me to let out a small groan. My eyes frustratingly crack open and I mutter aloud, “Really?” 

I guess this is my cue to get out of bed. I slowly sit upright and click ‘Stop’ as I let out a big bear yawn. I reluctantly step out of bed, dreading the day that lies ahead. I don’t want to go to work today; I wish I could just lie in bed till noon and slump around in my pyjamas for the whole day eating ice cream and watching day time TV.

I catch a glimpse of myself in the full length mirror hanging on the wall and shudder at my reflection. I forgot to take my mascara off last night so there are black smudged marks all over my pale, drained face. I walk over to my bag which is lying on the floor next to the bed and retrieve some wet wipes. I sit down in front of the large mirror and close my eyes as I wipe my entire face, inhaling the strong minty scent from the wipes.

Someone gently knocks on the door, “Kayla are you awake?” Damion asks, whispering.

“Yeah,” I reply as I begin to tie my hair up, cringing at the thought that he has to see me looking like this.

“Are you decent?” He questions.

“Yeah,” I chuckle, “Come on in.” Damion walks inside, jugging down a carton of orange juice. I can’t help but stare as he stands in the doorway, looking like a Hollister model. He’s wearing red knee length shorts and he’s not wearing a shirt. I gaze at his tanned, toned chest and hold in the temptation to let out a small whimper in amazement.

“Did you sleep good?” He asks as he opens his wardrobe and retrieves a yellow shirt marked ‘Lifeguard’.

“Uh yeah, perfectly actually. Are you going to work today?” I ask, still gazing at him.

“Yeah, I’m leaving soon,” he says as he takes another gulp of orange juice.

“What time do you finish?” 

“Four o’clock, why are you planning on going out?”

“Yeah I’m going to work today as well, but I finish at six, so you’ll be home before me right?”

“Yeah, I’ll cut a spare key for you today,” he says as he hauls his shirt over his head, bringing my beautiful view to an end, “Well I’m going to go now, have a nice day at work.”