Keigo | Rainy Days

Requested by _AlphaWolfie_
- Sorry for the wait!

※ No abusive boyfriends

Rainy days.
Those are the days that I love the most.
I'm at peace and unison with the gloomy sky. Rainy days are when I freely cry.

For the past fifty days, I've been trying to hold on to what I can. I'm hanging on a thread as it is. It's too horrible that I can't explain it.

Sipping from my favourite mug, the hot cocoa drink is the only thing that satisfies me now.

It's raining again...but I don't mind. I like the rain. It calms me.

My house is really hollow and depressing. It's too small and modest to begin with. When I was small, my dad said that I cursed the family with bad luck. I don't remember that much though. But he was right.

I'm about to lose my job, my boyfriend broke up with me over the phone just a few days ago, what's the worse that could happen? I've hit the lowest point of rock bottom and I still can't find a way back up.

A week later, I found out that one of my friends, Kashima (and the spouse), died in a plane accident. Apparently, I didn't know their sons well, so I can't approach them. Then again, it's not my problem. I have my own life to worry about.

Now...

"You're fired."

Ah, the two words I've been waiting to hear for a long time. I mean, my job really sucks and I didn't have the guts to quit.

I walked out of the building with a smile on my face. I've never been so happy to be fired, considering it's my first time.

Now...Now what?

Fifty more days later, my routine still continues. Except that I'm unemployed and single. I'm officially a NEET now.

I sat in my bedroom, sipping the same hot cocoa like usual. Suddenly, my phone rings. Honestly, it's been a really long time since I heard my ringtone, all considering that I haven't been in contact with humanity.

"Hello?"

"Ah, is this L/n Y/n? Or do I have the wrong number?"

I had a choice to hang up, but something tells me that I know this man.

"Yes, this is L/n speaking."

"Eh...Usaida Yoshihito here. You might not remember me, but I was your classmate back in high school. You're an alumna from Morinomiya Academy, right?"

I barely remember anyone from my high school days. I guess I have heard of the Usaida name somewhere.

"Yeah. Why did you call, by the way?"

It was as if I was whispering into the phone, for my voice was dry and soft.

"About that. I was wondering if you knew about the Kashima family...especially the sons."

And there came back the silence.

"Just come by the school's daycare room."

By the way that he hung up quickly, I immediately knew that he's a sleepyhead. Plus, he had an ultimately bored tone. He yawned once too.

Since I have nothing better to do, I might as well go there.

Came the next day, I found myself frozen at the door of the daycare room, actually afraid of what kind of monstrous children lurk. Speaking of, I haven't laid my eyes on anything cute for nearly a year. Looks may fool anyone. I shall not fall into their trap.

"Oh, you must be L/n. Here, let me introduce you to Kashima Ryuichi and Kotaro."

It's not like meeting them made my life anymore better. Welcome to the life of Little Miss Miserable.

I didn't want to stay long. My escape was all but a failure, if you count the kids who tried to pull me back.

Now, I remember, my first time dancing under the rain. Even though I got a flu the next day, it was worth my time. Well, currently, I want to dance again, but I'm not in the mood. So instead, I'll just cry it out.

"You do know that you can get sick due to being under the rain."

"You should know that I don't care."

Although he had an umbrella, it wasn't enough to stop the pouring of my tears.

I looked up at him, both his brown eyes intensely staring back at my (e/c) ones. His eyes are beautiful.
But who is this guy? He's all dressed up like one hell of a butler.

"Who are you anyway?"

"I'm Saikawa. Now, if you don't mind, please come with me."

He was so straightforward, then he offers a hand to me.

"Let me help you."

I couldn't help but smile.

"Thanks."

The man named Saikawa brought me to the Morinomiya residence. Surprisingly, the Kashima brothers were taken in by the chairman and now they live there.
After that, they helped me get a new, permanent job. Now, I got the chance to work with the famous actor, Mamizuka Kousuke. My life was shockingly getting better. The kids made me happy too.

"It's raining again."

"Are you planning to dance outside? If so, please take an umbrella and wear a raincoat."

"Saikawa, stop worrying about me. I'm fine now."

Rainy days.
Those are the days that I love the most.
Although the sky is gloomy, I'm at peace.
Now, rainy days are when I feast.

The End.

A/N: I'm sorry if I didn't put too much focus on Saikawa. I tried!