Hiroyuki | Many Times

{Y/n}

It's useless. Ever since I was in kindergarten, I was dense when it comes to love. Some boys had confessed to me in the past, but I didn't get them.

Yesterday was Valenti- the worst day ever.

It was fortunate for me that the usual giving of chocolates are banned in school. It took me quite some time to understand the importance of Valentines Day to normal people.

Finding a romantic partner in high school doesn't seem to be important to me at all. The boyfriend and girlfriend term can't get through me. Besides, my studies have to go first. That's what my parents always tell me.

The crush thing, however, is what's bothering me. I've only started to like Inui a few years back. There was something certain that I liked about him, but I can't remember what. It's all blurry.

{Hiroyuki}

I honestly don't know what I should do next. The only thing I have left of me are my friends. Y/n and Nekota. Despite their weird girl habits, they still stuck with me through the years.

"Gosh, I'm so stupid."

"You're only realizing that now?"

"What the hell is that supposed to mean? ...And how did you get in here?!"

It had been exactly 2 days and 5 hours since that incident. Under all circumstances, I still find myself visiting that godforsaken daycare room. Right now, I'm in my house, specifically in my room.

"Your sister let me in."

My (ungrateful) little sister, Mika, actually had a girl crush on Y/n way back then. She moved on all so suddenly when she laid her eyes on Scarytani Hayato. Geez.

"Still, what are you doing here?"

"Why, am I not allowed to visit my dearest childhood best friend?"

I couldn't really look at her right now. Instead, I bury my face in my pillow.

She proceeds to sit at my bedside, making a part of the mattress sink further. I speak of her weight with all due respect and she's not that heavy. I've actually carried her once.

"Just leave me be."

"You can't help it, huh? I guess masked heroes have their bad days too."

I can't believe she even knew about the Mask Man stunt that I pulled off.

"As cold as your demeanor may be, your heart is warm like all others."

I can't assure that. She knows that I know that I've been harsh on her and a lot of other people.

"You don't understand."

"Maybe. But I definitely understand that you have bad luck with women...or men who dress up as women."

Whenever I'm with her, somehow, I always get the feeling of deja vu. All of the memories of us together rushing back to me.

"Shut up..."

"No! You shut up! You're the idiot here!"

Ah, there it is. Y/n's said that line many times already.

I never experienced any heart-to-heart talks, but I'm entirely sure this isn't how it goes.

"I understand. Not because I was once in your shoes, but because you're my friend."

"You've been in this situation before?"

"Many times, Inui. More than I can count."

Maybe I'm an idiot after all. To think that...Y/n knows how it feels. I fell silent. It's me who doesn't understand. I won't even bother to look at girls who aren't in my league. Like...

"Alright then, I'll be taking my leave."

"Wait!"

I'm apt to act without thinking. With that said, I stopped her before she could leave.

"Please stay."

And it's been a long time since I've seen that smile of hers.

"You could've just said that."

And then, that heavy feeling flew off my chest.

All this time, I haven't noticed how she suffered. I've ignored her many times. I've broken her heart without knowing it many times as well.

"I love you, Inui Hiroyuki."

"I love you too, L/n Y/n."

The End.

Notes:
I was close to giving up on writing. However, when I started watching Violet Evergarden, it has inspired me to write more.

Yay! Happy ending! They get together!

Thank you for waiting for this update! Hope you enjoyed!

(I'm using "!" way too much!)