Ryuichi | Same Time

Requested by rinahinami
- Sorry for the wait

※ There's not much angst, sorry

[Ryuichi Arc > Part 1]

{Y/n}

Although we got together, we remained friends with Hayato.

Anyway, it's been three days. Nothing has happened yet. The usual life resumes. Ryuichi and I continue to be in the daycare room. Despite that, he finds the time to spend with me.

Like the usual, I drove to my favourite spot. This time, I brought Ryu with me. His reaction was so priceless when he saw my motorcycle. Right now, we're both enjoying the wind gently whispering in our faces. Our hands intertwined, we both enjoyed the silence and the breathtaking sunset.

"I'm sorry, Ryu."

"What are you saying sorry for?"

"It's only now that I put myself in the shoes of Kotaro. You do know that you have to dedicate more time to him because he's still young."

{Ryuichi}

I may not have known her for a long time, but I know when something about her changes. She almost never puts herself in other's shoes, much less try to empathize.

"Don't worry. I'm sure he'll understand."

But I know that some people will never really change. Not that much, at least.

"Whatever. Let's just go back."

Knowing that she's hit rock bottom too many times, this time, I promise that I'll help her back on top.

"I'll always be here for you."

Some people want many things. Sometimes, what's enough is never enough for those people. Me, I have all I need. If I hadn't met Y/n, I'd be incomplete. I just didn't expect her.

"I'm home!...We're home!"

"Nii-chan! Nee-chan!"

I'm not really an airhead. I just didn't have any time for that love. Neither did she, but look where we are now. I wish everything will stay the same.

"Ryu, you keep on smiling out of the blue. Is there something on your mind?"

"Ryuichi-sama is in love. I shall now go prepare Red Bean Rice."

"Saikawa...!"

Maybe...Y/n can smile too. That'll be a rare sight for me then.

"Well, I'll go home now."

I don't need to pull her back. She does as she pleases. But I won't let her abandon me...not like they did.

"Aren't you already home?"

And I know she's still a little hesitant.

"Ryu..."

"Please..."

We can make the space, we can save the time.

{Y/n}

We both have abandonment and parent issues. Only time will tell if we can get over it.

"Tomorrow, I want to bring Kotaro to the cliffside."

"Same time?"

"Same time."

I suddenly remember when my dad was teaching me how to drive my motorcycle. I got my license exactly on my birthday, and the day right before he died in a plane accident. Well, I believed that he passed on peacefully. The old man used to smile a lot too. I smiled back of course.

"Whenever I'm here, I feel like time has gone still."

I breathed in the same air, watched the same sun on the horizon, coated in the same colors. Maybe God lets my mother paint the sky for me. Dad said that she was an artist and he's showed me some of her work. Yet, he won't show me what she looks like. Even though he said I looked like her.

"When I first moved to town, this was my first favourite spot. Dad took me here on my mother's birthday."

"You had a rough time, huh? You never got to meet your mom at all."

"It's still kinda painful though."

Hugging my knees to my chest, I stop my tears from slipping, letting the pain fly away. That's what Kazuma and Takuma taught me. They taught me to let the pain fly away. Geez. I don't have to think about what the others taught me. It'll just make me cry more.

"These kids are really something."

{Ryuichi}

I can't believe it. She's smiling.

"Y/n, you're smiling..."

"What?"

She didn't even realize it, huh?

"That smile of yours is beautiful. It makes me love you more. You should do it more often."

"Stop teasing me!"

"I love you, Y/n."

"I love you too, Ryuichi."

To Be Continued...

A/N: I wasn't in the mood to write any angst, sorry. But at least I got to write a backstory for (delinquent) you.

If anyone is curious...I had to my research. I'm not sure of the characters ages, but I'm pretty sure they're around 15 to 16 or so.
In Japan, you can get a Ordinary Motorcycle License when you're 16. Your motorcycle in this story is a Black Suzuki Intruder (either 150 or 800)