Yoshihito | Staying Awake

Usaida Yoshihito and L/n Y/n, a pair that is both different and both similar in many ways.

"Hmm, you're gonna sleep again?"

"Yeah. Just play with the kids or something."

Once again, his light snores filled the air. Y/n can't help but sigh at her partner. Although they were official, they never stayed at each other's places.

"How'd you end up here?"

"Well, all my job interviews failed. I only got a part-time job in the afternoon. I didn't have anything to do, so I decided to follow you here."

"Obviously."

"Huh? What do you mean by obviously?"

Y/n knows for a fact that her boyfriend does a lot of things in the nighttime. He's tutoring someone, he's preparing all kinds of things for the kids, and more. To her, he pretty much sounded like a single dad.

However, Y/n's case is different. She has a regular sleep schedule, having no problem sleeping at night. In the daytime, like a normal person, she's awake.
In spite of all this, it never interrupts their relationship.

"Y-You like me? Really?"

"Yeah...really. But hey, I'll understand if you say no."

"Um, actually...It's kinda embarrassing for me to admit this, but, I've been crushing on you for a long time as well. I never got the courage to confront you, though."

What a sweet yet awkward memory that was. To think that happened when they were seventeen, they were still in high school back then.

"You remember what happened six years ago?"

"Yeah. Why? You want to reenact it?"

"Eh..."

At this point in time, in the current, the lot who knew the lovely couple kept on questioning them as to when is the wedding. But alas, the two adults were not yet ready...

{Y/n}

Yoshihito is my boyfriend and I respect that he takes naps all the time, but he's barely making time for me. It's not that I hate him for it. I love Yoshihito with all my heart.

Currently, I work with him in the daycare. Although, he just became another baby as soon as I started here.

"He started to sleep more ever since you came here."

"I know. Apparently, he's my responsibility too ever since I became his girlfriend."

"How did he even become your boyfriend?"

I chatted with Kashima and Kamitani at lunch time, right before I was about to leave for my afternoon job. My boyfriend slept comfortably on my lap, the other kids were eating their lunches, and I was contemplating on whether I should leave already.

"Y/n-neechama, you love Usaida?"

"You like stupid Usaida?"

It's not like I want to leave my boyfriend because he's being a hindrance. I'm simply confused. I never know what to do next.
Somehow, I'm feeling sleepy...

"Yeah. I love him."

{Y/n, Yoshihito}

"Can I call you Yoshihito?"

"Yeah, sure."

We spent a lot of time together, not really doing anything. We just slept on the grassy hills, searching for our purpose in life.