Kotaro | Only Mine

Requested by moonchild4everyoung
- Sorry for the wait!
- Hope you like it

A/N: My team lost in volleyball btw

※ This chapter was accidentally published the first time, I apologize

*Female (Child) Reader

Being a chubby kid is not easy, but, you still have certain advantages.

One good thing is that you can get what you want by being cute in front of your target.

"Ryu-nii, please!"

"Ah! Not those eyes again!"

Ryuichi is the second one who gets weak from your 'cute eyes' trick. The other one is Tomoya, naturally.

"Sparkly onii-chan!"

A fountain of red always spurts out.

A bad thing is that chubby kids can always be the center of attention. And the cheeks turn red after being squished and pinched by the old women in the working/shop districts.

During your first day in the daycare, everyone wanted to play with you so suddenly. But alas, you were shy.

"My name is Y/n. Please take care of me...!"

Later on, a month flies by just like that. In the span of that time, you've taken a liking to Ryuu's little brother, Kotaro.

In the morning, your (relative) brings you in early. At least it gives you more time to socialize with the quiet boy, Kotaro.

"Ko-chan, do want to read my book with me?"

"Ung!"

※ I swear whenever he says that in the manga I cry tears of joy

Although words were barely used, your communication is all but mutual understanding.

Factually, Kotaro loves his big brother, Ryuichi, more than enough. Well, nobody can blame him since he's still a child. But withal, his love (and cuteness) reaches out to everyone else.

"Good morning, Ryu-nii! Good morning, Ko-chan!"

As per usual, at the beginning of the day, you come in early. While waiting for the others, you let time pass by and play games. Usaida comes in and the rest follows. Subsequently, you play hero and whatnot. And at the end of the day, the same things happen, you bid goodbye to everyone.

One reason why you were attached to Kotaro was that he kept on staring at you throughout then. Given the fact that it was kinda weird at first, it made you wonder as to why he stared. The next day had answered that mystery.

"Kotaro? Why are you hugging Y/n? Did something happen?"

That morning, everyone came to a surprising scene. A crying Y/n and a Kotaro hugging her tightly.

"Scaped my knee..."

"Don't you mean scraped?"

One thing is for sure, Y/n isn't prone to crying. Her (relative/s) said so themselves.

"Don't want Y/n to cry."

Ever since that moment, noticable changes came upon when everyone observed a difference in Kotaro's behavior. It was duly noted that he became attached to Y/n. Ergo, he even denied playtime with his cherished brother and the other kids.

The prevalent routines took a turn after that.

And so at the beginning of the day, Kotaro wraps his arms around Y/n.
And at the end of the day, everyone just fights for attention.

"Hey, Y/n, play with us!"

As said, being the center of attention is complicated. When you're a chubby kid, life can be hard sometimes.

"She's mine!...My playmate..."

"Ko-chan..."

The End.

A/N: Can someone tell me if I spell some names wrong? Or if I get anything wrong?

*If some of you are complaining about late updates, these are the reasons why;
1. My school cheering competition is coming up, practices are upon us
2. I'm lazy
3. I barely have time
4. My mind isn't generating ideas related to what I'm supposed to write

Also, I'm sorry for the short chapter. I need to really write the other one-shots. Too many deadlines for me.
I'm sorry!