Nekos Exist You Know...

Chapter Twenty 

BOOM! BOOM!  BOOM! BOOM!

Fireworks were shot at the air coloring the dark sky as people of the village cheered and their children running around freely with no doubt in the world. Team 7 and Team 17 to their pleasure they saw all the fireworks where they are standing. Ren was a few trees away from where they stood silently watching over them and the villagers. “Whoa, I had no idea it was such a big deal,” Naruto said.

“I don’t care in what you guys do, but just stay away from me,” Idate suddenly spoke. “Say what?” Naruto asked. “I got a race to run I don’t want you in my way,” Idate said more demanding. “What you say you idiot!” Naruto yelled. “Calm down Naruto, he will need us sooner or later,” Keiko said. Idate looked annoyed with Naruto but blushed towards Keiko’s comment.

Ren seemingly shook her head and appeared in front of her teammates, “Well good luck Idate-san,” She said and looked around to make sure no one would harm him. “T-Thank you Yuri-chan,” Idate said. Sasuke silently glared at him for blushing at Ren’s comment. “Can’t we just work together?” Sakura asked. “No way in hell! Not with him!” Idate and Naruto said together while pointing at each other. Ren sighed along with the other two girls. Kuri, Haru and Sasuke all merely shook their heads at the two of them.

Naruto and Idate glared at each other, lighting shooting out of their eyes. “Runners take your marks,” The announcer said. “The race will begin by sun rise,” he said. Ren turned to face her teammates, “You know the drill be on your toes at all times. Don’t let Idate out of our sight. If we get ambush four will stay and fight while the other three will guard and protect,” Ren said. “You sound like Shikamaru, Yuri-chan. With all that you said it sounded smart,” Naruto said. “Whatever,” Ren said after giving him a look. Team 7 and team 17 took their positions and looked towards the doors while they opened.

Run rise was starting; a pink, orange hue tainted the dark sky; ‘Here we go,’ Ren thought. “Go!” The announcer said. “Well that means we gotta go too,” Naruto said. He was about to run but stopped when he saw Idate run off to the different direction. “NANI?!” all shouted expect Ren and Sasuke. Ren shook her head and appeared next to Idate; ‘Morons, I told them to be on their toes and be with Idate at all times,’ Ren thought. “HEY YOUR GOING TO THE WRONG WAY!! THE RACE IS AT THE OTHER DIRECTION!!” Naruto shouted.

“Morons,” Ren mumbled. “I don’t know, but I guess he had a plan from the very beginning,” Sasuke said to the rest when Naruto questions about Idate’s sudden tracks. “Guys we better hurry, Idate is up ahead of us by himself,” Keiko said worriedly. “Don’t worry Yuri-chan is with him,” Kuri said.

~Normal Pov~

I ran next to Idate looking straight ahead, “Wait, we’ve been here,” Idate said coming to a sudden stop. I looked around and notice a genjutsu was in use. Team 7 and my students arrived panting, “Argh, why did we stop?” Keiko whined. “Release!” we all heard Idate’s voice say. My eyes widen by a fraction, “Idate wait-!” I shouted but it was too late, he ran towards a cliff. Naruto had rushed over along with Kuri and Haru. They have made a human rope; Kuri caught Haru, who caught Naruto, who caught Idate.

I held onto Kuri’s shirt, “STOP MOVING!! AH MAN MY KUNAI KNIVES!!” Naruto whined. I shook my head and pulled Kuri’s shirt; they slowly reached the cliff’s edge and pulled themselves up, “Thanks Yuri-chan,” both Kuri and Haru said. I smiled at them, “No problem you guys,” I said. “Alright-,” “IT’S OUR DUTY!!” I was cut off by Naruto’s shout. I turned my head to see Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto by Idate; my team sweat drop, “We were hanging by a single piece of fabric and they are arguing about duty,” Kuri said in a small whisper; his eyes where in a tiny black dots while his mouth went into a small pout.