Chapter 25

"Hannah you were right." You cried as you entered the common room. You tried to wipe your tears away, but more came to replace them. 

"Are you serious?" she growled. 

"He threatened to kill me, Hannah." You said quietly, then broke into sobs. 

"I'm going to kill him." Ernie stood and started to walk out. 

"No, leave it alone." You sniffed. Ernie turned and walked back to the chair he had been sitting in.

You took a seat on the couch next to Hannah and buried your face in your hands. 

"What do you mean he threatened to kill you."  She asked hesitantly. You explained what had happened.

"That doesn't make any sense. He's afraid of his family killing you so he threatens to do it himself?" He fumes.

"I think I'm going to go up to bed." You say quietly. Without another word, you walk up to your room and bury yourself under the covers, not even bothering to take off your shoes. 

*.*.*.*.*.*

The next morning you tried your best to act like nothing was wrong. You went to breakfast and tried to ignore Draco's glare. You went to your classes and sat as far away from him as possible. It seemed as though he hadn't stopped glaring at the back of your head. 

After classes were over, you ran as fast as you could to the common room, the only place where you wouldn't feel his icy gaze. 

"How could he do this to her Hannah? After everything that's happened!" You heard. You turned to see Ernie pacing angrily around the room. 

"Ernie, don't worry about it." You smiled at him weakly. He snapped his head towards you, realizing you had heard him. 

"But you've been through so much, if he loved you he wouldn't treat you like this." He said sadly, walking toward you.

"I know. And he obviously doesn't love me. It's okay Ernie, I'll be okay." You lied. You could feel tears burning behind your eyes. Hannah was watching your every move.

"(Y/n)..." He started. You smiled at him weakly, then tried your best to calmly walk up to your room. 

Once alone, you collapsed in a heap by the wall. Your sobs rang through the room, sounding pathetic and weak. You hated it.

This should be a lesson, you thought. Don't ever trust a Slytherin. Especially a Malfoy.

Suddenly the door swung open. 

"(Y/n) (L/n) you need to be honest with us or else-" Hannah started, but stopped when she saw your state. 

"Why am I so upset Hannah! It's just a stupid boy!" You cry. Ernie waits by the door awkwardly as Hannah comes to give you a hug.

"You've already lost one person you loved. And now you're losing another." She said quietly.

"I didn't love him." You snap. Hannah laughs.

"Yes you did. It's okay. But now you just have to get over him. Like you said, he's just a stupid boy." Hannah smiles sadly. You nod and wipe the tears away. 

"Okay." You answer.

"Come to dinner please. You need to eat." Ernie pipes in.

You nod, and they close the door to leave you alone. 

Suddenly an owl comes to your window. You open the window and the bird drops a letter into your hands, then flies out.

You stared at the letter in confusion. Letters are normally delivered at dinner, and you never received letters. You opened it and read it. 

(Y/n),

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, and I'd like to meet you at the Three Broomsticks for lunch this Saturday to talk about things. 

I haven't been the greatest parent. I know I tend to ignore you and I'm sorry. But, as your mother is getting worse, I feel that it is my responsibility to become your competent care taker. 

I'll explain more when I see you. I love you. 

Your step-father, 

John

You sighed and placed the letter on your night stand. You decided it was not the time to worry about it, and left to go find Hannah and Ernie for dinner.