Chapter 15

Your eyes widen in surprise, but soon you find yourself with your arms around his neck, kissing back. 

I'm snogging Draco Malfoy.

Soon you pull away, and he smirks. 

"What was that for?" You ask, not making eye contact.

"I felt like it. It's been an hour, see you tomorrow." He says shortly, and walks out. 

You shake your head, trying to bring yourself back to reality, then run back to the Hufflepuff common room. 

"Hannah I have to talk to you right this second." You demand and pull her up the stairs to your dorm.

"What? What happened?" She asks curiously. You close the door and turn to her. 

"Draco Malfoy just kissed me." You say. Her eyes widen in horror.

"You pushed him off right?" She demands.

"Well..." You start. Her jaw drops. 

"You. Did. Not. Kiss. Him. Back." She seethes. 

"Hannah-" 

"Are you serious? Draco Malfoy, the git that bothered you all of last year, is one of the rudest people any of us have ever met, the one that gave you AMORTENTIA, and you kissed him back?" She rages.

"Well we're kind of friends now-"

"No! I can't believe you. I can't even look at you. I'm going downstairs." She says. 

"Wait Hannah-" But the door is already closed. 

You sigh and decide to give her a few hours to cool off.

*.*.*.*.*

You can't focus at all in classes the next day. You're pretty sure you failed every quiz you took. Even when classes are over, you can't get any of your homework done. 

Finally it was time to meet Draco. You got there before him. 

You waited ten minutes for him. Finally he walked in.

"Look who's late this time." You tease, but he doesn't smile. 

"I joined Umbridge's Inquisitorial Squad." He says. 

"You did what?" You demand. 

"You heard me mud blood." He snaps. You step back in surprise. 

"What's your problem?" You ask. He glares at you.

"You're my problem. I have to waste an hour every day making you less stupid." He sneers. 

You decide to stop talking. He opens the book and slams it in front of you, then walks to the back of the room, as far from you as he could possibly get. 

You finish the potion easily, the concept had gotten much easier over the last few months with him. He inspects it but doesn't say a word about it.

What happened to the Draco from yesterday? 

"Give me your homework." He snaps. 

"I didn't finish it, I was kind of distracted." You say, trying to remind him of what had happened yesterday. 

"Fine. Then we're done here." He says, and walks out. 

It had only been twenty minutes. 

You sigh and pick up your bag. 

Hannah was still refusing to speak to you.  She wouldn't make eye contact and ignored you when you tried to tell her what had just happened. 

"Fine. Some kind of best friend." You mutter, and walk to your dorm. 

*.*.*.*.*

A week passed, then two, then three. Draco had gone back to his old ways of being angry and insulting without any explanation. Hannah was still not talking to you. 

One day during a DA meeting, there was a loud explosion from outside. Everyone gathered around the door to see what was happening. 

Umbridge was breaking in! You looked to see Draco and his Slytherin friends surrounding her.

Umbridge gave everyone in the DA detention for the rest of the year. Draco smirked and made eye contact with you. You glared back.

How did things turn so quickly?