Chapter 16

After your first detention with Umbridge, you had had enough. You marched out once she dismissed you, clutching your hand. Harry was right, you should've stayed out of trouble. Your hand was killing you.

"Hannah I demand you speak to me right now. I don't care if its yelling, but you have to talk to me." You say. She looks up in surprise. 

"Fine." She says, and you follow her upstairs to your dorm.

"First can I just say that Draco has started being a jerk again. So theres nothing going on with us." You say. Hannah sighs. 

"Even if there was something going on, I shouldn't have been ignoring you. I'm just... thinking of something that obviously hasn't occurred to you yet." She says. 

"What do you mean?" You ask. She sighs. 

"Never mind. I'm sorry I freaked out. Friends again?" She asks.

"Of course. Now, I have to go." You say. Hannah stops you. 

"What happened to your hand?" She cries. 

"Umbridge happened. Stay out of trouble!" You say as you walk out the door. 

Now to deal with Malfoy. 

"Draco Malfoy I demand answers right this instant." You announce as you walk in. 

"What?" He asks, obviously surprised by your attitude.

"We were friends. You kissed me. What on earth happened?" You demand. He rolls his eyes. 

"Shut up mud blood. You have to make this pot-" He starts, but you cut him off. 

"You cannot kiss me then ignore me. I deserve an explanation. You kissed me, not the other way around. You have no right to act like this." You say. 

"(L/n) seriously lets just-" 

"MALFOY! Answer me!" You yell. He sighs. 

"I'm sorry." He says, not making eye contact. 

"Why? Did I do something?" You ask, your tone softer now. 

"No. I just... I can't." He mutters.

"You can't what?" You ask. He growls. 

"I can't like a mud blood!" He roars. You don't back off like he expects you too. 

"Well keep your internal struggles to yourself! Whether you like me or not, you can't treat me like trash." You argue. 

You tried your best to ignore the butter flies in your stomach.

"It's the easiest way to distance myself." He admits. 

"Well stop. What's stopping you from liking a muggle born anyway? Your father? Your friends? Because in the end the only person that should matter to you is you." You say. He sighs.

"Fine. I like you (y/n). That's why I kissed you." he says. 

The butterflies in your stomach get worse. 

"Well, I like you too Malfoy." You smile. He looks up in surprise. 

"You do?" He asks. 

"Malfoy why do you think I kissed you back?" You laugh. He takes a few steps towards you. 

"What happened to your hand?" He asks suddenly. He grabs it gently and examines it. 

"This is Umbridge's version of detention." You say bitterly. 

"This is my fault, I got you in trouble." He says guiltily. 

"It's fine, it will heal." You say. 

"Yeah, and scar. I'm so sorry." He says. His eyes looked so sad, making you sad as well.

"Draco," You say, getting his attention, "It's okay." You reassure. He let's go of your hand.

"Well let's get to work then."