Chapter 3

Wednesday came again way too fast. Hannah told you to just skip but you were afraid the blonde Slytherin would come after you in your sleep.

"Hey Draco." You sighed as you put your stuff down. He nodded in acknowledgement.

"You're going to make amortentia today." He says.

"What? Thats an advanced potion for sixth years! I can't even make simple potions." You protest. 

"Yes, but I'm here. Plus I need some and I'm only allowed to make it for academic purposes. So you're my academic purpose." He smirks. 

"No way. I will not be the reason some poor girl becomes obsessed with you." You stomp your foot stubbornly.

"You will," he says, coming scarily close, "or I'm telling Professor Snape that you refused to cooperate with me and he'll make you come in every day of the week." He threatened.

"So basically what you're telling me is either I spend every day with you or some other girl does." you say blankly.

"I suppose so. You're not completely right but close enough." he says. 

The right thing to do was take the punishment. That would be the Hufflepuff thing to do. But the teachers were loading you with homework, and you really didn't have time to be there once a week, let alone every single day. So of course you made the logical decision.

"Fine." you snap. He smirks in victory.

"I knew you'd come through for me." He whispers in your ear.

"P-please get out of my personal space, thanks." You stutter. He laughs, and hands you a book with the recipe for amortentia. 

An hour later it was done. Even though Malfoy kept asking you to tell him what you could smell, you refused to tell him. It was none of his business.

"Fine, I'll tell you what I smell then," he takes a deep breath, "It smells like vanilla." he states. You suddenly remember your favorite vanilla scented perfume that you used every day, but you push that thought to the back of your head.

"T-that's great Malfoy. Can I go now?" you say, severely uncomfortable. He rolls his eyes. 

"Don't you want some to use on Diggory? He'll get bored of you soon so this is a good backup." He sneers. You glare at him.

"He will not get bored of me Malfoy. Stop being such a git." You snap and storm off.

.*.*.*.*.*. 

"Hannah! I have to talk to you right this second." You say the second you open the common room door. You squeal in horror when you see her and Ernie alone in the common room, snogging. They pull away in surprise and turn bright red.

"Yeah.... sorry I need to borrow her thanks." You say to Ernie and drag Hannah to your dorm.

"Sorry..." she laughs, embarrassed. You roll your eyes.

"Malfoy forced me to make Amortentia and he's going to use it on some poor girl." You say. Hannah gasps.

"Why didn't you refuse?" She asked. You winced.

"Because I'm selfish? I'm sorry, it's just that he said he'd tell Snape and he'd start tutoring me every day and I don't have time for that, nor do I want to torture myself and spend an hour with him every day." 

"(Y/n), you better find an antidote and find this girl as soon as possible." Hannah scolds.

"I know. I'm sorry." 

"Anything else?" she asked. You think, but other than guilt you can't think of anything.

"No, thanks. I'm gonna go find Cedric." You say, and rush out.

Cedric was in the common room.

"Hey! Want to go for a walk?" He asks sweetly. You smile and nod.

Once you made a lap around the lake, talking about ridiculous things, Cedric stops.

"So.. um.. I know we just started dating, but I was wondering if you wanted to be my girlfriend." He says nervously. You blush bright red but smile.

"Of course." You say. He grins happily, and kisses your forehead. He then takes your hand, and you both walk back to the common room.

.*.*.*.*.

The next morning you sat next to Cedric at breakfast. You were afraid to touch your orange juice after your encounter with Malfoy last night. So you didn't drink anything.

Your day was okay, Cedric walked you to classes and promised to meet you at dinner.

During your last class of the day, your throat became dry and you started to get a pounding headache. It was then that you remembered that you refused to drink all day.

Once class was over, you rushed to the great hall for dinner. You grabbed the cup at your usual seat and drank the entire glass in one sip. 

Cedric came in soon after and pecked you on the cheek. You smiled and hugged him. 

"How was your day?"He asked. You started to get an anxious feeling in your stomach, but ignored it.

"It was okay. I have a bit of a headache but I'm sure it will go away soon." you said. He nodded.

Your stomach was tossing and turning, like it used to when you saw Cedric before you were together. You kept glancing at the Slytherin table, even though you were trying to force yourself not to.

An alarm was going off in your brain, but you didn't know what for. Suddenly, you were playing with your hands nervously and felt very warm. 

"Are you okay?" Cedric said suddenly, placing the back of his hand on your forehead, checking for a fever.

"Yeah, yeah I'm okay." You breathed. You felt confused and out of control. 

It's just the headache.

"You're burning up. Would you like me to take you to Madame Pomfrey?" He asks, concerned. You shake your head.

"I... I'm gonna go find Hannah." you say.

"I'm right here, whats wrong?" She says behind you. You jump. 

"I need your help. Come with me please." You don't wait for her answer and drag her out.

"You okay?" she asks, probably scared from your odd behavior.

"Have you seen Draco? I haven't seen him all day." You say suddenly. That was not what you wanted to say. Not at all.

"No, why do you care?" She stares at you quizzically. You shrug.

"I don't know, I just can't stop thinking about him. He's hot, don't you think?" You laugh. 

"Oh I'm going to kill him." Hannah seethes. 

"Who?" You ask. You felt like you should know but all you could think about was Draco.

"Stay away from Malfoy. It looks like I'm going to have to fix your mess."

"Why would I stay away from him?" 

"Who are you staying away from?" Draco's voice is behind you.