Chapter 9

A summer locked up in your room flies by surprisingly fast. 

Your parents tried to get you to smile again, but you really didn't want to.

Sadness and anger had taken over your once shy but cheerful self. You didn't even want to go back to Hogwarts, and protested all the way until you got on the train.

"(Y/N)! How are you? I haven't heard from you all summer!" Hannah squealed when she saw you. She pulled you into a tight hug and you lamely hugged her back. 

"Hey." You said shortly. She smiled at you sympathetically. 

"How have you been?" She asked, desperately trying to get an answer.

You took a deep breath.

"I'm okay Hannah." You tried your best to smile. It wasn't fair to be short with her, she was your best friend. 

"Good. This year is going to be exciting, I can feel it!" She grinned. Suddenly, Ernie walked in to the compartment, and you spent the rest of the train ride in silence.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Maybe Hannah was somewhat right. This year was going to be interesting, for sure.

The second Umbridge interrupted Dumbledore's welcome speech, you could tell.

On the way to the Hufflepuff common room that night Hannah caught up with you.

"Did she actually just interrupt Dumbledore? She must be out of her mind!" She whispered. You laughed slightly.

"I'm going to hate Defense Against the Dark Arts this year, I can promise you." You answered.

The first day of classes was a shock to a lot of students when Umbridge announced that there would be no magic in her class.

Hermione Granger was appalled, and so were you. A school of magic, and you couldn't use it?

When Harry argued that we needed to defend ourselves, it was basically the end of the world.

"From what?" Umbridge asked. Harry fumed.

"I don't know... maybe... Voldemort?" He retorted sarcastically. You smiled as Umbridge turned red.

They argued, and it was hilarious. Until Harry brought up Cedric.

"Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident!" Umbridge insisted. You snapped your head up and glared at her. How dare she lie about him?

You were very close to blowing up at her (which last year would have been quite unlike you), but Harry beat you to it. Then, unsurprisingly, he got detention.

That wasn't the only horrible class you had that day. No, of course, you still had potions.

Once class started, Snape locked eyes with you.

"Miss (l/n). Since you completely failed this class last year, and I have been kind enough not to hold you back, you are going to meet with a tutor every day for the rest of the year. If you miss one day with out a valid excuse, you will start potions all over again from Year One." He announced. The class snickered and made comments as you put your head down on the desk.

"You'll meet with Mr. Malfoy every evening at 7 o'clock for an hour session." He finished.

"What?" Draco demanded. You smiled a bit at his anger. Good, you thought, I annoy him just a much as he annoys me. Snape glared at Draco, and then started his lesson.