Chapter 17

For the next few days, you found yourself counting down the hours until you met Draco. It was nice to have him back as a friend.

With the OWLS coming up, the two of you spent your time studying. It was fun to study with him. He made it easy for you to understand.

"Hey!" You greeted him one day as you walked in. He looked up and smiled. 

"Hey. Ready to study?" He asked. You nodded and took a seat next to him.

You tried not to freak out as he put his arm around the back of your chair. He was really close, it was almost dizzying. 

"Okay question number one: What are the main ingredients of Poly Juice Potion?" He asked. 

"Ugh I don't feel like studying today." You laugh, but answer the question anyway. 

"Correct! How about this, we'll do ten questions and be done for the day." He suggests. 

With his help throughout the school year, you easily got eight out of the ten correct. 

"Awesome. I'm such a great teacher." He smirked. You laughed. 

"We'll see how I do on the OWLS and judge your teaching abilities by that." You tease. 

He smiles and turns toward you. 

"So... someone told me you have a massive crush on me." He smirks. You roll your eyes. 

"Really? I heard the same thing about you." You play along.

"It would only be fair for me to acknowledge those feelings. Poor (y/n), hopelessly obsessed with the hottest guy in school." He mocks. You jokingly glare at him.

"If I remember correctly, you admitted your feelings to me first. I think you're the hopelessly obsessed one." You defend, and jokingly punch his arm.

"Okay whatever helps you sleep at night." He smiles, his face quite close to yours. 

"Are you going to kiss me again?" You whisper, teasing him. 

"Of course." He says, and kisses you.

*.*.*.*.*

School had become quite boring to you. The teachers were all worried about the OWLS, so they were only reviewing things you had learned. 

Your mind was annoyingly plagued with Draco all day. You started to only care about the hour you'd see him every day. It was quite unhealthy, but you didn't mind. 

"Hey Malfoy." You smile as he walks into the potions room. He smiles back and walks over to you. 

"Are we actually going to study today or are we going to make out some more?" He teased, making you blush. 

"Haha you're so funny. We're studying. No messing around." You order, though you were secretly hoping he wouldn't listen. 

"Sure we are." He says sarcastically. That was a challenge, and you never lost a challenge.

"Fine, if I kiss you this hour, I owe you 3 Galleons. And if you kiss me, you owe me. Deal?" You smirk. He hesitates. Ha got you.

"Fine. Prepare to lose. I know you just can't resist me." He says smugly. You roll your eyes, and drop a stack of books on the table, resulting in a loud thwack

"Again, you seem to have you and I confused." You say. He smirks and walks over to you. He leans in close and you hold your breath in anticipation.

"We'll see." He whispers. 

"Malfoy this isn't studying." You try to make a joke, but your voice sounds odd. He laughs and backs away. 

"Okay okay let's start." He agrees finally.

*.*.*

After fourty-five minutes of studying, teasing, and very close encounters, Draco growls. 

"This is not worth three galleons." He says, and quickly captures your lips with his. You smirk, then kiss him back.

When you pull away, he sighs. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out three galleons, then places them in your hand.

"Pleasure doing business with you." You smirk. 

He laughs, then turns serious. 

"Can I ask you something? A favor?" He asks nervously. 

"Yeah sure." You say.

"Could you... not tell anyone about us?" He requests, not meeting your eyes. 

"Why? Are you embarrassed of me?" You tease. You already knew it was because of his father... and probably Pansy Parkinson.

"No! It's just-" 

"It's okay Malfoy. I understand. I'll keep it a secret." You smile. He walks over and wraps his arm around your waist. 

"Thank you." He says, and kisses your forehead.