Chapter 10

"I can't believe you have to waste an hour every day with him!" Hannah complained just as you were leaving to meet Draco.

"I know. I'm just going to do what he says and not speak. Hopefully I can survive." You muttered. Then you were on your way to the potions room.

You got there before Draco, so you took out your potions book and started absentmindedly going through it. 

Suddenly a door slammed and your head snapped up in surprise. 

"I am not happy with this arrangement at all. So you're going to do what I say and not be as stupid as you normally are and we'll go our separate ways. Understood?" Malfoy ranted. You rolled your eyes and nodded. 

"We're starting with the Draught of Peace." He snapped, and tore your book from your hands. He quickly found the pages needed and slammed the book in front of you. Your patience was wearing thin, you couldn't handle his attitude for much longer.

You started gathering the ingredients listed as he glared at you. Any second now, you would blow up. So much for your plan to stay quiet.

You start following instructions, making sure to read everything three times to make sure you had it right. You got through about three steps when Draco come next to you and slammed his hand on the desk. You jumped, therefore knocking a bottle on the floor. As it shattered, you could feel Draco about to explode.

"You idiot! Professor Snape is going to kill you. This is why I wanted nothing to do with you. You can't do anything right!" He blew up. 

"The bottle wouldn't have fallen if you hadn't scared me!" You screamed.

"Well I wouldn't have had to scare you if you were actually intelligent!" He roared back. 

"You're a jerk." You muttered angry, and started to clean up the shattered glass on the floor. 

"And you're a mud blood." He said casually. You clenched your fist in rage, causing you to cut your hand with the shattered glass. 

"Ouch!" You screamed, and dropped the shards, blood dripping with it. 

"Are you serious?" He groaned. You ignored him and clutched your wrist. 

"I'm going to Madame Pomfrey. I'll come back and we'll finish." You said, voice shaking. You heard him sigh angrily as you left.

Tears slipped down your face as you walked down the hall. Partly from the pain in your hand, but mostly from frustration. You were hoping you'd be able to handle his anger, but you were wrong. 

"Hello dear, what can I do for you today?" Madame Pomfrey smiled as you walked into the hospital wing. 

"I-I cut my hand." You said, trying to hide the fact that you had just been crying. She smiled sympathetically.

Madame Pomfrey fixed it in no time, and you trudged back to the potions room. You stopped right outside the door, and composed yourself, then opened it.

You were surprised to see that the shattered glass and blood were gone. Draco was sitting at the table where you had left the potion, reading through the instructions. 

"Finally. Here, continue." He said. You bit your tongue and started where you left off. You managed to finish without Draco blowing up again. 

"Okay, I'm done." You said. He silently came over to the cauldron and sighed when he saw the potion. 

"You stirred too fast and didn't put enough moonstone ." He stated. You groaned.

"Why am I so bad at this? I read the instructions over and over again!" You cried in frustration. It was a rhetorical question, but Malfoy apparently didn't realize.

"You think too much." He said simply. You roll your eyes.

"Well, it's been well over an hour, so I'm going to clean this up and go." You said.

Silently, Draco nods, and picks up some bottles and puts them on the shelf. You watch in surprise as he comes back and picks up some more.Is he helping me? You shake your head, bringing yourself back to reality. 

Soon everything was put away, and the two of you walk out of the room in silence and part ways.