Chapter 19

The week of OWLs was insanely chaotic. Everyone was rushing to get to the great hall on time, cramming last minute facts into their heads. 

You rolled your eyes as Umbridge started a speech about how important the exams were, but finally the exams were passed out and you began. 

When you got to the potions section of the test, you couldn't help but think of Malfoy. You hadn't spoken to him in a while. You had skipped the last few tutoring sessions, knowing he wouldn't say anything to Snape. 

The potions section wasn't easy at all. But you felt that without Draco's help it would have been worse. 

Suddenly there was a loud bang. Everyone looked up from their tests just in time to see a dragon made of fireworks shoot towards Umbridge. Everyone got up from their seats and ran outside to follow the Weasley twins, who were now riding their brooms off of Hogwarts. 

You laughed as they set off more and more fireworks. What a way to get revenge on Umbridge. You loved it. 

Since the great hall was completely trashed, the exams had to be rescheduled. As you walked back to the common room, you ran into none other than Draco Malfoy.

"(Y/n)-" He started, but you shook your head at him and walked past him. As horrible as it was, you had to distance yourself from him, or else you'd fall for him again.

*.*.*.*.*.*

As you stood in line to wait for your OWL results, you could feel your stomach churning. If you failed potions, you'd have to start from first year again. 

Professor Sprout handed you the report with a smile, which eased your anxiousness a bit. 

You took a seat next to Hannah on the floor. 

"Ready?" She asks.

"Sure." You lie. The two of you open the report and look. Hannah smiles. 

"Thank Merlin I passed everything. How'd you do?" She asks. You were staring in awe at your potions grade. 

"Hannah... I got an E in potions. An E!" You scream. She laughs.

"Fantastic! No going back to first year potions!" She exclaims. 

"I have to go thank Malfoy. You can come if you'd like." You add, seeing her disapproving look.

"No I trust you. You have five minutes though." She smiles. You stand up and scan the great hall for Draco, but you don't see him. You decide to walk toward the Slytherin entrance in the dungeons to find him. 

As you get closer you see Blaise Zabini. He glares at you.

"What do you think you're doing down here mud blood?" he snaps. You take a step backwards.

"I just wanted to-" You start, but he cuts you off. 

"You don't belong down here. Go." He demands. You back up slowly, then turn around and walk back to Hannah. 

I guess I'm not going to thank Malfoy after all.