Chapter 17: Betrayal.

Amelias pov

I couldn't believe I was actually walking into this room to discuss my relationship with Alex. It was him I wanted with out a second thought, even if noone was willing to accept it. I was fed up with people getting their way, it was time for a change time for me to get my way. 

I know what you may be thinking, because I sure as hell am, when did i get so brave. Well I figure it was some point during the night when Alex and I were wrapped up in each others arms, naked. A blush crept into my cheeks at the thought of it all, it had been the most amazing night of my life and after it all I felt different, I felt like a real woman and like I could stand up to who ever challenged me because I had Alex by my side. I sat in one of the conference chairs waiting for Joe to come and as much as i tried to concentrate on the task at hand images of last night kept creeping up on me. The way he touched me, the way he kissed me, the way he made every cell in my body tingle with excitement, the way he held me close and they way he stared deep in my eyes with so much passion. 

"...ever so sorry I'm late dear one..." Joe announced when he arrived im the room. Joe announced as I snapped out of my thoughts. "Oh thats ok Joe...Im just glad you could some at such short notice..." I told Joe. "What is the matter then my dear?" Joe asked me. I took a deep breath in. "Where do I begin..." I said with a laugh. 

I sat and explained everything to Joe, from the very beginning, and told him everything about how I felt, how Alex made me feel. I left out a few details about last night, but I was sure he got the picture. "...And basically im telling you all this because I dont want to be with anyone but Alex...hes all I think about every day...and he wants me too, and we were hoping you could maybe talk to the council and make them see that.." I asked Joe. Joe let out a long sigh and stood up. "where is Alex now?" Joe asked me as he looked towards the door. "Oh I told him to wait in the room, I said it would be better for just me to talk to you.." I told Joe with a smile. "Indeed...it was a wise idea....what about your friend? whats her name...where is she?" Joe asked as he paced the room. "Oh lucy? shes not here either...im not sure where she is if im honest..." I told Joe. "So you came here alone?" Joe asked with raised eye brows. I nodded my head slowly. "Please Joe...please help us..." I asked as I stood and walked towards him. He smiled. "Im afraid thats going to be out of the question my dear..." Joe told me. I let out a frustrated sigh. "Joe please, if you care anything about me please help me convince them I know you can.." I begged Joe. Joe laughed. "Oh I have no worries that I could but theres a different issue altogether here..." Joe told me He started pacing the room again. "What...whats the issue?" I asked confused. "The issue is that your going to be dead and gone in a matter of days, so theres no point..." Joe told me with his back to me. "What!?" I asked confused. "Your going to be dead...King Lewie is going to kill you..." Joe told me. 

He turned around slowly and I came face to face with a man I didnt know. His eyes were red with pure evil, and he scared me."Joe...what have you done?" I asked shocked. He looked up at me with pure red eyes and every vibe I was getting off him was telling me to run fast, but I wanted to trust him, believe he was still the good man I knew. "what i longed to do years ago...when your father stole the love of my life away from me, when he ruined me. I pretended I didn't care I pretended I was still faithful but inside I was hatching a plan. And when I reacted people to help me i found I wasn't the only one your family have stolen from the past years. Lewis is the rightful ruler, and I plan to make sure that he retrieves what was once his!" Joe told me as he took a few steps towards me. Instantly I took a few steps back. I didn't know this man, he wasn't Joe, the man i grew up with, who was like an uncle to me, gave me cuddles, bought me ice-creams, who ever he was he scared the hell out of me. "Joe please tell me your not part of them...please don't do what I think your about to do..." I asked him in a scared whisper. He laughed an evil sick laugh and I knew no matter what I said...he was one of them. I instantly too ahold of the silver knife I had in my pocket and held out in-front of me. But Joe just laughed. He took ahold of my wrist faster than I could breath and put so much force onto it I felt it break instantly. I screamed out in pain as I was force to drop the knife "SOMEBODY HELP ME!!" I screamed.