Chapter 8: Blood line.

I woke up sometime later in the day, I couldn't tell you what time it was, I couldn't tell you what day it was, All I knew was I was in the woods somewhere. I was laid out flat on the floor, with a jacket covering me to keep me warm. It was Alex's jack that he wore earlier. That's when I suddenly realised he wasn't there. I sat up straight and looked around me, blinking once or twice as my eyes adjusted to the light. "Alex?" I called as I looked around me. Nothing. I stood up letting Alex's jacket fall to the floor, brushing a few twigs and leaves, that had some how made their way onto my clothes whilst asleep, away. I took a few steps forward and peered through some trees. "Alex?" I called a little louder, panic started to rise up inside me. Where was he, was he hurt? Had another vampire killed him and was about to come back for me...my breathing became slightly heaver as I thought of all the horrible things that could have happened. I went to take another few steps forward but decided against it, if there was another vampire here then the last thing I should do was make any noise or act irrationally. I took a deep breath in to try and calm myself.

I turned around quickly to think things through when I came face to face with Alex. "AGHH!" I screamed as I took a step backwards and tripped over a tree root that was sticking up from the ground. I closed my eyes and prepared myself for the in pact of the floor, but it never came. I opened my eyes to see Alex smiling down at me. "Be careful you numpty..." He said as he helped me stand up straight again. "Umm...thanks..." I told him a bit breathlessly. The thoughts and feelings of last night came rushing back to me as I stood just inches away from him. His smell...His chest was still bare from not having a shirt on...His smile....Yikes what was happening to me. Alex was staring at me with unsure eyes, and a perfect smile. He chuckled. "Here...you have a few bits..." He told me as he placed his hand on my cheek and brushed off a few bits I didn't realised were there. I blushed. "Oh...there from...when I ...I..." I tried to say but the feel of his skin on mine was enough to throw my concentration completely. I took a few ragged breaths in as Alex left his hand on my cheek a bit longer.

He slowly moved his hand away from my cheek but still had the sweet smile plastered on his lips. He stared at me for a moment longer but I started to feel self-conscious and fiddled with the bottom of my top. I pushed him lightly. "Don't ever scare me like that again...I thought you were dead or something!" I moaned at him, with a big smile on my lips. He let out a small chuckle "Yes boss..." He said cheekily as he took a step or two back wards and turned around. I let out a big breath of air that I wasn't able to a moment ago and closed my eyes trying to regain some sense in my head. Ok so what the hell had happened. Last night...we nearly kissed.....I had that dream....We nearly kissed again...I fell asleep on his lap...and now I had strange feelings in the pit of my stomach, I hadn't ever felt anything like it before and I wasn't quite sure what it all meant. Most girls had their mother to talk them through all these things, tell them what it all meant...I wasn't most girls apparently....I didn't have my mother around to tell me these things, I was so confused. Did it mean I liked Alex? I had never liked another guy properly before, yeah I though they were fit, but nothing else ever came of it. It was probably just because I was stuck with him for such a long time, it was probably just my body trying to deal with everything that was going on or something...that had to be it. Aghh! I wished my mother was here right now...or my best friend. They would be able to help me...and I really would love a hug right about now. I suddenly felt a huge surge of sadness overcome me and felt like I was about to cry.

"Hello...Earth to Destiny..." Alex called to me and snapped me back into reality again...I was still feeling overcome with sadness. "Umm..what..." I asked as I opened my eyes and looked at him. "I was saying...Oh my god..." He said suddenly when he looked up at my face. He zoomed over to me as fast as he could and placed both of his hands on the sides of my head as he stared intently into my eyes, looking confused, concerned and amazed. "W...wh...what..." I asked nervously. He was staring so deeply into my eyes it made me blush, but I knew there was another reason for it. He didn't answer to begin with he just stared. "Alex! what is it!" I asked urgently. "It's....But I don't understand...Ive never....I cant..." He tried to explain but He couldn't. "Alex! Just tell me what it is...I'm getting scared...Is there a spider...or am I bleeding or something...can you please move your hands..." I asked annoyed. He shook his head with his mouth wide open and dropped his hands to the side. "Your eyes....there...there blue!"