Chapter 13: Game On

**A dedication to the little angel sleeping forever,

 You will always be missed.

   I will remember your smile forever.

night night angel**

The next morning, after what felt like the most amazing night sleep ever, I got up. The bed was so warm and comfortable I felt like I was still dreaming, epically when I turned to find Alex on the other side of the bed. He was sleeping soundly, and he looked so peaceful. I sighed quietly. I wish I could get rid of these feelings I had for him easier. I got out of bed as quietly as I could and went to explore the bathroom.

It was huge, It had a huge Jacuzzi bath which looked amazing, and a huge walk in shower. It had a big area for make up and hair, full with different hair products and make up products- probably thanks to Lucy again bless her. There was a big cupboard full of the softest towels and bathrobes too. And just around the corner in its own private area there was a toilet. I quickly undressed and hurried into the shower. As soon as the steaming hot water touched my skin I let out a long sigh of relief. I was able to be properly clean for the first time in ages, the first time in what I think was two weeks, I actually felt like a human. That's when the tears hit me, when the realisation of everything that had happened the last few weeks properly sunk in. 

My grandfather was dead. I was being Hunted. There were vampires, and apparently lots of other mythical creatures. My best friend was a vampire. And I was to be marry a vampire and....become one. Tears slipped down my cheeks fast as I let out a sob. I wasn't going to lie. I hurt a lot. I had lost so many people I loved in my lifetime, and I was terrified I was going to lose more. I also felt betrayed by everyone I knew. I was the only one who didn't know about the family secret- how did i not realise? how did I not realise when my parents hugged and kissed me they were stone cold. How did I not realise my grandfathers skin was as white abnormally white. That my best friend was one too. Were they all behind my back laughing at me? How could I have blocked all that out? 

The tears slid down my cheeks faster and I felt a pain of hurt in my stomach. All this pain how could someone feel all this... And that was with out me even thinking about nearly being killed tones of times, about a vampire breaking my heart, about being married off and turning into a vampire in a few days time. 

I wasn't afraid to admit that I was terrified, I truly was. I didn't want to be one, I wanted a Normal life, I wanted to marry a normal man and have normal children, and be a normal doctor and help normal people. Instead I got this. And I didn't even get a say in who I got to marry either. It was decided, done, sorted- my fate was apparently the choice of others, and I didn't get a say in it, which was probably the thing that scared me a lot.

And Alex he was just...was just so so so...mean, and moody, and snappy....and handsome...and amazing...and funny when he wanted to be. He had looked after me well, and protected me. He never did let anything harm me. He also made me feel good when everything was rubbish. I would miss him deeply when he had to leave- something I then realise scared me more than anything. I also realised the pain in my stomach felt lighter when I thought of Alex, and the tears running down my cheeks stopped. It was Alex. 

He had blocked out all the pain and tears I should have felt when all this was happening to me. But some how being around him, talking to him had made it not hurt. Surely this meant something? did he not feel the same way? He had to have felt it. There was sparks between us I felt it and I knew he had to. 

Yet he dismissed me, told me it was silly....But the way he looked at me in the car didn't say the same thing. It was like his mouth was telling me one thing, but his eyes were telling me the other, and it confused me so much. I had to know his real feelings, I had to know if he was lying or not. If he wasn't then I would forget it and marry the other guy...but if he was...maybe that could mean something? I had to come up with a way for him to confess what he really felt though, or at least for me to see if he did.