Chapter 15: I'm not afraid of you!

I stood and stared at the empty place where Alex had stood only moments ago. He killed people for fun...he killed his own wife. Yeah that was a scary thought but that wasn't the Alex I knew today. He was kind and sweet and caring. He made me feel more amazing than anyone I knew. So screw what other people had to say, I knew him better than them. "you know Ive changed my mind now anyways, I don't wanna go out the wind might knock my hair about...let's go and dance instead..." Edward said from behind me. That evil sick twisted git. He had really upset Edward all because he wanted to go outside and now he couldn't be bothered because it might mess his hair up. I had never felt so much anger towards one person than I did there and then, I wanted to hurt him like he hurt Alex. But I knew better, besides I couldn't go about doing stupid things where everyone would see. Instead I turned to face Edward with a forced smile. "sounds great, I just need to freshen up in the ladies bathroom, excuse me..." I told him with a forced smile. Edward smiled and nodded his head. 

I walked away pretending to head straight for the bathroom. Luckily for me the ladies bathroom entrance was next to the main room entrance. I turned to make sure Edward wasn't looking- he wasn't he was talking to his weired friend who disliked me, huh he sure didn't waste any time, but I ignored them and very quickly made my way out of the room. I sighed in relief when I made it to the elevators, he hadn't noticed me leave.

Now where would Alex be? I decided to try our room, he wouldn't leave me so far behind that he couldn't get to me if there was danger so our room was probably the most likely place. I pressed the button impatiently a few times and finally it opened. I got in and the doors slowly closed. I tapped my foot impatiently, wishing the doors would open quicker. I really needed and wanted to talk to Alex, show him I didn't care what he did. The doors finally pinged opened on the 10 floor and I rushed out quickly to our room. I opened the door and searched around the room but couldn't find Alex. "Alex?" I called confused. I went and Checked the bathroom and dining room but he wasn't there, Finally I checked bedroom and found Alex sitting up on the edge of the bed resting his head in his hands. I stopped. "Alex....are you ok..." I asked him. But he didn't answer, he didn't even look at me. I slowly walked over to him. "Alex....please talk to me..." I said to Alex. Alex sniffed. "Amelia go away...as your boyfriend pointed out it's not safe to be around me...." Alex told me angrily. I walked closer to him. "Are you ok Alex?" I asked ignoring what he previously said. "go away..." Alex demanded but I ignored him again.

I walked a few steps in-front of him and bent down so I was at his level. I placed my hands on his wrists and softy moved his hands away from his face. I thought he would stop me, I thought he would push me away but he didn't. I took in a quick breath of shock as I say two trails or red blood running down from the corner of his eyes down his cheeks. I didn't question it, I would ask later, now wasn't the time. I used my thumbs to softly wipe away some of the blood tears that ran down his cheeks. Alex was staring me deep in the eyes, with his beautiful deep green eyes, not letting my gaze go. He placed his hands on my wrists holding them in place against his face so I couldn't move away "why are you so kind to me when I'm a cold blooded killer?" Alex asked me. I shook my head still not letting his eyes go. "I don't care..." I told him. "well you should..." Alex told me. He let go of my eyes, and my wrists and stood up quickly, zooming over to the other-side of the room, facing out the window.

" it was 1936...I lived out in a farm with my mum and brother....I was happy, I worked hard, and I was in love. Her name was Isabella...she was the most beautiful woman living in our town. And she was all mine. We were inseparable, and I loved her dearly...we got married, and shortly after I had to go out of town on a business trip regarding the land...that's when I ran into John who smelt protector blood in me...he turned me but I was really unhappy about it and refused to be a protector...John warned me that I was young and new and unable to control my urges but I didn't listen and went home...the moment I smelt her blood I was unstoppable...I killed her...my own wife..." Alex told me as tears slit down his cheeks again.I walked over to him and placed a comforting hand on his arm. "...I was so disgusted with myself...obviously the town people found out and tried to kill me but my family helped me...and in return I all but killed my brother...I was so disgusted with myself I went rouge....I killed people left right and centre... John found me again a few years later and helped me back up onto my feet, turn my life around so that instead of killing innocent people I killed evil vampires who deserved it...honestly I thought i deserved to be killed...but John told me I was too important, he told me I was destined for great things...like this.." Alex said with a shrug.