Chapter 18: Sunset

I rattled the steal bars for about the 10th time in hope of there being a loose bar or something for me to escape. But yet again there was nothing. It mush have been days Ive been caged up in this dark cold room. Yet there was no sign of anyone. I was starving, cold and covered in blood sweat and tears. I really needed someone, anyone to come and save me but I was starting to lose hope that they would ever find me again. I slumped myself back in the corner of the room and rested my head in my hands, as tears overwhelmed me once again "Alex....please...save me...." I whispered into my hands.

A few hours later the main room door opened letting in a pinch of light but closed quickly once more. I heard foot steps across the cold stone floor which came to a stop, I assumed near the metal bars. I didn't bother raising my head. I didn't bother asking who it was because I just didn't care. I stayed in my as-comfy-as-i-could position praying into my hands to be saved.

"...It will be happening soon.." I heard a familiar voice tell me. It was Jasper. ",,,There planing to do it at sunset some day soon..." Jasper told me. "Really...well good for them...at least I get to see the sunset before I die..." I whispered. "...You don't seem to be taking this very seriously..." Jasper told me. I shrugged my shoulders. "My body's finding it difficult to accept...I put up such a fight...I don't want to die..." I whispered sadly. " I heard you didn't want to accept any of this...you kept denying it....didn't want anything to do with it...what changed?" Jasper asked me. I slowly raised my head. Jasper was leaning against the bars watching me carefully. "...When I first found out I was a child still...but in the last few weeks I grew up immensely..." I told him. "...it was difficult to believe at first...but like you said before, once you see it you have to believe it" I told him. Jasper slowly nodded his head. "Indeed its hard to deny the truth once you've see it..." Jasper whispered. I sat up a bit more. "...well then why are you?" I asked him. Jasper looked taken aback by my question but smiled. "...its difficult to believe at first..." Jasper said with a small smile. "but now?" I asked. He smiled once more and pulled away from the bars. "...I'm deciding upon my options..." he told me. I wanted to ask what on earth he meant but he zoomed away too quickly to ask leaving me in silence once more.

I wasnt quite sure what to make of Jasper. I feel like I can trust him but im not sure where to go with him, is he a friend or a foe? He left me feeling strange...and Surley if he truley believed me he would be doing something about this...stopping this...finding Alex...Alex...oh Ales how I miss him, how I need him right now..."...Where are you when I need you the most?" I whisper into the silent air. 

I drifted in and out of sleep, dreaming crazy and unusual dreams each time. Some were so scary, I was standing in the middle of a field that was covered in the body's of the people I loved...there was blood everywhere...and those evil eyes...Lewie's evil eyes just watched me from the darkness, laughing at me, causing me to wake with a start.

Some were nice dreams...dreams of being comfy and warm in Alex's arms. Of me laughing and smiling with Lucy...Of my parents. They caused me to wake with a deep aching pain in my chest, threatening more tears. But I didn't let myself cry, I had to be strong no matter what happened next.

Some time later, I'm not sure if it was even the same day, but The door to the dungeon opened again and closed quickly once more. There was  a further squeaking noise that I was unsure of so I lifted my head slowly to see what was going on. Jasper was back and this time he was coming into the prison with me. "What...What are you doing?" I stuttered as I sat up. Jasper closed the door behind him and turned to face me holding a bread roll in one head and an apple in the other. "I thought you might be hungry?" He told me with a smile. He handed me the food and I didn't even stop to thank him. I ripped off a bit of bread and started stuffing it into my mouth. I ate the whole roll faster than Ive ever eaten anything before. I heard Jasper laugh where he sat on the floor near me. I looked over at him and laughed too. "Sorry..I was a bit hungry...Thank you...but...no don't worry..." I began to say but though better of it. I bit into my apple. "No tell me...whats up?" Jasper asked me.