Chapter 10: An old face...

Ales's P.O.V 

Amelia lie silently and still in the bed. I wish she would wake up, I was worried sick. It was probably a combination of tiredness, stress, shock and pain that made her black out, but thing was I could'nt do anything about it. I knew she was alive, her beating heart told me so, but I needed to see her awake, hear her talking, see her smile... It was probably a good thing she was asleep anyways, the time in which it took her arm to heal would have been long and painful. She had slept through most of it and I could already tell her arm was almost healed, the swelling had completely gone, and most of the bruising had too. I sighed and walked over to the window to check for any danger.

How could I have not seen that coming? I was a freeking fool, and blind as a bat. If it had'nt been for Amelia making me realise we would both probably be dead now...And I could'nt quite believe Amelia had killed that vampire, that was completely not her! Since when did she get so brave.  I shook myself out of my day dream when I realised I was just staring out the window and not actually looking for any danger. There was a pattern going on here...every time a certain young woman popped into my head it made me lose sight of everything else. But who could'nt be captivated by her, with those beautiful eyes- every colour they changed was just as beautiful as the other, and that beautiful long brown hair, that flowed right down her back- all I ever wanted to do was run my fingers right through it, and those beautiful soft lips....wow. That kiss last night had been one of the most amazing things I had ever experienced in my lifetime. I wanted it more, I wanted all her kisses just for me. The though of another man toughing her made me feel rage.

I shook the jealous thoughts from my head and looked out the window once again.  This time I actually took note. I had found us a small abounded house, I knew of in the middle of the woods. I knew this area slightly and  I felt it safest to stay away from any towns for the moment, the vampires seemed to be coming in full forced at the moment and I didn't want to put us at any risk anymore, and this seemed like the best place to come to. hopefully in two days time we would be at the Grand Hotel. I would still be looking after Amelia but it ment we had a bit more protection. Bringing Amelia here also ment giving her time to rest and heal too. 

The woods around the house was quite and empty, I felt sure we were safe, for now anyways. The sky was pitch black and the stars were shining brightly, it was a beautiful calm evening and hopetuly it would stay that way. "Any more danger out there?" I heard a soft voice from behind me ask. I turned around quickly to see Amelia sitting up, rubbing her eyes with her un harmed arm.

"Your awake..." I said as I walked over to her and sat down on the edge of the bed. "Yeah...how long have I been out for...where are we?" Amelia asked me. I smiled. "A few hours, and were in an abounded house in the woods, its safe and no one should bother us for a while anyways" I told Amelia. She nodded her head and went to move her other arm but winced in pain. "Ouch..." Amelia cried. "Be careful...your arms still healing...you slept through the worst part and I don't think its broken anymore, but it will still be incredibly bruised so try not to use it for a while" I told Amelia. She nodded her head.

"So whats the plan? when should we be at the hotel?" Amelia asked me. "In two or three days time...I want to make sure your healed and rested properly first" I told Amelia with a smile. She smiled back but I noticed it was forced, and her eyes were a light blue. "Whats wrong..." I asked her. She just shook her head with a sigh and slipped out of bed carefully. 

She stood up and looked at her surroundings the best she could in the dark, but turned to me suddenly with a arm on her neck, looking worried. "Wheres my necklace..." She asked me worriedly. "In the bathroom...it had some.....vampire juice still on it so I gave it a clean up" I told Amelia as I got up quickly and walked to the little room off the bedroom we were in. Amelia followed me "But you cant touch silver...it hurts you.." She said confused. "I know, but with a pair of those on I can.." I said as I pointed to the pair of gloves on the side. Amelia looked at me confused. "I always keep a pair or two on my in case I need to come in contact...and I thought you would appreciate me cleaning off the vampire crap..." I told Amelia with a smile.