Chapter 9: Mixed emotions

I stared at Alex in complete shock, and horror. I was completely lost for words. Apparently according to Alex I was the last living relative of the first ever vampires. The idea made me want to laugh, cry, throw up and scream all at the same time. Was there anything freaking normal in my life? 

"So....let me get this straight...Agathangelus was a vampire....Angelia was a angel....they had children with amazing powers...and Im there relative...Im part of the blood line to the first ever vampires...talk about a mind fuck.....what the hell...I cant...I don't even know where to begin with that one..." I told Alex. I felt tones of emotions suddenly overcome me. Alex stared deep into my eyes again. "Wow...your eyes...there going a sort of silver colour...what are you feeling right now..." Alex asked me as he leaned in closer. I let out a laugh. "SO many different things I don't know where to begin...but hang on how comes this is all happening to me all of a sudden...why has'nt it shown up before now?" I asked Alex confused. He shrugged his shoulders. "I haven't a clue....I can only imagine it has something with you coming of age...most blue bloods gain all their special abilities when they turn 18...which is why 18th birthdays are such a big event...it means there ready to become a vampire...but I told you there is no evidence of your family's existence....there was but it was all burned in the great fire of London in 1666, the true story behind the fires I might add...the humans say it was just a silly baker who forgot to put out his oven...whats really said to have happened is a vampire broke into a near by bakery to where the documents were kept and started the fire hoping it would spread beyond control....evidently it did...well that's what vampires say anyways...apparently there is only a limited amount of vampires who know about all this...others don't know weather to believe it, and some have never even heard it before. as you can imagine its only council members who know the true story...which is how I know...my mentor was a council member....I didn't know weather to believe him or not...but now that I have seen living proof I believe...." Alex told me as he stared deep into my eyes. "Oh my god...Ive just realised what this means...." Alex said suddenly as he stood up. I stood up with him as he looked concerned. "Alex?" I asked confused but he was in a trance like state. I grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him a little bit. He looked up at me deep into my eyes. "What does it mean..." I asked him concerned. He sighed. "Ive pieced it all together Destiny...why your so important...why they need you so much...why Lewie wants you so much.... It means your more precious than anything in this world now....it explains why Lewie is so desperate to get hold of you....if the word gets out that you are the last living hair he'll have no chance of power anymore...because you are the true leader or ruler of the Vampires...he'll also want to try and drain your blood dry so that he can gain your ability to control peoples emotions and behaviours....he knows we can use you against him which is why he wants you so badly..." Alex told me sadly. I looked at him horrified. "WHAT!" I all but shouted. Alex just nodded his head silently. "Im sorry destiny...but any hope you had of ever leading a normal life has all but been thrown out the window....the council are going to be wanting you to prove to the vampires that don't believe that you are real and that mixing vampires and blue bloods is a good thing...that with out you half of us wouldn't be here today...you cant go back to your old life..." Alex told me sadly. 

I looked at him with all the hatred I could. I couldn't go back to my old life. I was stuck in this...with these people...everything I worked hard for...all my friends...everyone I loved...I would never get to see them again. I felt like punching Alex in the stomach, but instead I turned and ran as fast as I could. Pain and tears were swelling up inside me and I needed to try and escape it all. I ran and ran and ran. Knowing that Alex was probably right behind me, and that I wouldn't be able to escape him, but just needing to try for a moment. Tears poured out of my eyes and down my cheeks in what seemed like was going to be a never ending stream of pain and sadness. I was crying so much it completely blocked my view. I came to a stop when I walked into something hard, a tree maybe, and just stood there covering my face with my hands as the tears kept on falling. I felt arms wrap around my body in comfort, and realised it wasn't a tree I had bumped into, it was Alex. I stood there crying wrapped in his arms for a very long time.