Something's Gotta Give

12th February 2041 (Georgie 5 wks and 2 days... Ashtyn 9 wks 1 days... Lexi 6 wks 3 days... Tahni 8 wks 2 days)

Summer's POV

"Have you ordered the cake yet babe?" Matty asked as I loaded the washing machine with my work clothes, I sighed as I turned to look at my husband. He was wearing is normal bright orange work shirt and shorts, the greys in his hair in my opinion makes him look much hotter. Matty sure has aged well and he's still the hunky man I married twenty seven years ago.

"Yes, everything has all been arranged." I smiled, I swear I already told him that last night. I know he wants his dad's eightieth birthday party to go well and it will, he just needs to calm down a little. We will be having the party at Nick's house, which was George and Nessa's and Nick has kept most of his old tools and things that he loved to use. It's good to see that he kept it and decided to restore it all for his Grandpa, even though he can't use it anymore.

"Good, I better go sweetheart, I'll see you tonight." he smiled and wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in for a kiss. I love this man more than anything and I reckon he's still got a few more years left in him yet.

"Love you." I whispered as my lips left his, he grinned and kissed me again.

"Love you too." he whispered back and left me standing there with a laundry full of clothes and linen to wash, just my lucky day. I knew I shouldn't have left it until now to do all the washing, I just couldn't have been bothered to do it earlier. In the background I heard Matty talking to someone as the front door closed, and when I made my way out to see who it was I saw Georgie standing almost nervously by the kitchen.

"Hi honey, I wasn't expecting to see you this morning. Don't you have a class to teach in half hour?" I asked her as I looked at the time and saw that it was already twenty minutes past eight. I walked around into the kitchen and turned the kettle on and got two cups out, I could see her standing there watching me as I got everything ready.

"No, I called in sick today. I have an appointment." she said giving me a small smile. I wonder what she wants to talk about, I've never seen her look so lost and unsure before. After I made our drinks, I gave her a smile and sat down with her in the living room.

"Thanks Summer." she smiled as she grabbed her cup of tea and took a small sip.

"You're welcome, so what's wrong honey?" I asked her as I took a sip of mine, tea always seems to be the best option for deep and meaningful talks and I can sense this is going to be one of those. I wonder why she came to me and not gone over to Izzy's, they normally share everything.

"I'm going to the doctor to find out if the pregnancy tests I took were accurate." she looked at me and I could see the tears building up in her eyes. She's pregnant, holy shit! Another grand baby, this is fantastic!

"Aidan is going to, oh shit." I stopped suddenly when I remembered all that he has said to me about having more children. Now I see why she's come to me and not Izzy. He is very scared of the possibility if Georgie were to die during pregnancy or child birth. My poor baby, I wish he didn't have that fear and I'm scared for him that he feels that way. No one should have to live with that kind of fear, and to see that my baby boy is experiencing it is heartbreaking.

"When did you find out?" I asked her and moved closer to my sons girlfriend, I'm glad she has come to me first. Hopefully I can help her someway and get Aidan on board with this baby.

"Last week, I took heaps of tests and they all said I was having a baby. I started morning sickness this morning, I was lucky I was at my place or he would've asked questions. I can't keep this a secret much longer but I'm too scared to tell him, he only told me about not wanting more children the night before I found out. I just don't know what to do." she cried and put her head in her hands. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and pulled her in closer to me and held her tightly.