Nine Months

Nine Months

9th October 2041 (39 weeks and 3 days)

Georgie's POV

0929

Looking around the waiting room of Doc Watson's clinic, I felt like a big fat whale compared to the rest of the mums to be in here. Aidan is sitting beside me, his knee bouncing as he waits impatiently. If he doesn't stop doing that soon, I will be making sure he knows about it. We've only been in here for ten minutes and he's restless already.

"Do you have to do that?" I whispered and gave him a sideways glare. Just the littlest things have been irritating me, I don't know if it's the hormones, the lack of sex or just me overreacting to everything. Or that it's the fact that my fiance has me on a two metre leash and just that feeling is suffocating me. I know he's anxious and nervous, scared and worried about the impending birth of this baby but it's making me feel all those things as well. And surely me being more freaked out by his behaviour is not good for the baby and that is the main thing we are trying to avoid.

"Sorry." he mumbled and stopped moving his leg, then he let out a big sigh and crossed his arms over his chest. Why is every little action he does, irritate me so much today? I had even snapped at him for touching me this morning and then I felt bad because he said he was only trying to help. Either way, we are both starting to get snappy at each other. The sooner this pregnancy is over, the better things will start to get.

"Georgie, you can come on through." I had to do a double take on who had called my name out and once I blinked a few times, my eyes were set on a smiling Nick. Wow, I bet he's got all these nurses in here drooling over him and how unlucky for them that he bats for the other team. Thinking that, I let out a little giggle as Aidan had already stood up and holding his hand out for me take. At least I don't have to tell him to help me with things, he's been doing so much lately.

"You never told me Nick was here." I whispered to Aidan as he helped me up, he shrugged and picked up my handbag from off the ground.

"I didn't know, he must be doing his training or whatever it's called here with Doc Ethan." Aidan said as he put my bag over his shoulder. Oh dear babe, I can carry my own bag, it's not that heavy. All that is in there is my orange prenatal book, my phone, purse and keys. That thing had a major clean out and while I was in there, I found two one hundred dollar notes folded up in the side pocket. Can't even remember when I had stashed them in there but it has come in handy in stocking up the pantry before bubs comes.

"Hey Nico, decided on being a obgyn then?" Aidan asked Nicky as he lead us down to the exam room. Hopefully I can get a rough estimate of when this baby will be born. In the next few days would be nice, I'm so ready to have this baby.

"Yep, had an awesome offer and I took the opportunity. If you don't feel comfortable with me touching you, just let me know and I'll just observe." Nick said to me with a smile as he opened the door, I looked at Aidan for his thoughts and he just shrugged as if he didn't care. Great, of all the things that don't bother or annoy him, is letting his brother touch me. Do i feel weird that he'll be doing that? Nope, because maybe he can coax this not so little baby out of me. Ohhh, maybe Uncle Nick will deliver the baby, that would be cool.

"I don't have a problem with that." I smiled and followed Aidan into the room. Doc Watson was already there waiting and reading over my files.

"Before you sit down Georgia, make your way over to the bed so we can check if the baby has engaged yet. Just saves you getting up and down and won't wear you out before you leave." Doc Watson smiled and pointed over to the bed. Aidan helped me up and I laid down slowly, his hand not leaving mine as I got into the position needed to check me over.