The Proposal

The Proposal

15th August 2041 (Georgie 31wks 4 days, Ash 35wks and 3 days, Lexi 32wks and 5 days, Tahni 34wks and 4 days)

Georgie's POV

"Can we come back tomorrow?" I whined as I relaxed into the car seat. Ash chuckled and nodded her head, she too looked very refreshed and relaxed. We had just spent the last three hours getting pampered, a massage, facial and a pedicure. That pedicure was probably the best one, even though the massage was high up there. So relaxing and so good, maybe I should teach Aide how to do them like the way they do them. I'd never want him to stop touching my feet.

"I wish, if only it was free. But it was so worth and I'm definitely making sure I do this one a month next time around." Ash mused as she drove toward home. Aidan seemed like he couldn't get me out of the house quick enough today, which was weird but I didn't complain when he shoved a few hundred dollars in my purse and told me to spoil myself. To go shopping and then have lunch with Ash beforehand. And that's what we had done, I'm even going to give him the change. I'm sure he'd love to get his two dollars and sixty five cents back.

"I'm up for that, but not the whole pregnancy thing again. This is going to be the only kid I have. Look at me Ash, my belly is bigger than yours and you're four weeks further along than I am. I'll be squeezing a fifteen pound bowling ball out my hole and I'm not looking forward to it." I winced as I put that image in my head and the thoughts of the pain. Oh hell, the pain. I better be knocked out cold or something when the time comes.

"You'll change your mind once you hold that little bundle in your arms. That little baby is going to have you fall madly in love with it as soon as you lay eyes on it." Ash smiled and glanced my way briefly and then put her eyes back on the road. I looked out the front windshield and thought about. Maybe one day I might change my mind, but not in the next couple years. The morning sickness was enough to put me off, I haven't got to the labour part yet. I'll be screaming the hospital down, that's for sure.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her as she pulled up at the day care centre. I frowned and thought that I swear I saw Cade with Mia and Evie at home when we had left for the day. The way Ash turned and looked at me, it was like I was the one that had forgotten something.

"You need to pick up Maci, remember?" Ash said as she looked at me like I had two heads. But Aidan had her when we left, I'm sure he said he wasn't going anywhere. Why did he drop her off here if he was staying at home. I don't get it!

"But Aidan was home." I said more confused as she shook her head and got out of the car. What the fuck? He said he wasn't going anywhere. With a frustrated sigh, I flung open the car door and somehow pulled myself out of the car and walked up to where Ash was waiting. She gave me a smile and then turned and walked up to the entrance, she was kind enough to open the door for me.

"Thanks." I mumbled as I walked through to the desk to sign Maci out, when I read over what time Aidan had signed her in, she'd only been here for half hour. What the fuck was the point of bringing her here?

"Hi Georgie, Maci has been busy painting since she got here. We've even made a macaroni necklace." Abbie, who is one of Maci's favourite teachers chirp brightly. The smile on her face bubbly and blinding and I admit, her presence in the room does make you feel happier. I need to learn to chill out, I'm sure Aidan had a good reason to drop her off. Maybe it was a last minute thing, I need to calm down as I am way over reacting to this.

"Wow, she has been busy." I chuckled as I saw the three paintings drying on the rack and then I saw the collection of jewellery that was bundled up in an ice cream container. She surely has been busy. Once I got past all her works, I found her putting on her jacket and she had her bag ready by her feet.