My Sister's Keeper

My Sister's Keeper

9th October 2041

Aidan's POv

A small cry from my new baby daughter Peyton, was the best sound in the world. Georgie has just been wheeled through to recovery and I was waiting for my little girl to finish getting checked and weighed and all that before I take her to her Mummy. Then we'll all go back down to her room where I'm sure there's one very excited big sister waiting. Maci is going to go crazy when she meets Peyton, all I've been hearing for months now is "When's my sissy coming?". She knew all along that the baby was going to be a girl, Georgie and I were thinking we'd get a little boy. It doesn't matter though, this baby is going to be smothered in so much love from all of us.

"Ready to find out how much this little girl weighs?" Susie asked me as she turned the set of scales on. Peyton was now just staring up at the ceiling, any slight noise from elsewhere in the room would make her blink and then she'd try to find where it came from. She's a gorgeous little girl with her thick mop of dark hair, well not so little by the looks of things. Matt looks roughly the same size and he's five weeks old and my baby girl is almost an hour old. No wonder Georgie was always in pain and thought she was expecting four babies and not just the one. Luckily that never happened, we've only been prepared for the one arrival.

"Yeah, anything higher than 9lb 11oz and she's broken the family record." I chuckled as put her hands underneath Peyton to lift her up to move her to the scales. No one has weighed more than Brax and it'll be nice to hear him not brag about it anymore, that's my baby's title now. It's gonna be big, that's for damn sure. Brax can't hold the title's for everything in the family, he's now the one that's produced the most. Fuck that! Seven kids and all under eight, the youngest three under one. Beatrix only turns one in two weeks time and Roxy and Knox are two weeks old already. Crazy times ahead in the Braxton house.

"It's safe to say that she'll be breaking that one." Susie chuckled as she placed my baby girl on the scales and then stood back a little so we could both see the weight. When the numbers stopped, my mouth dropped open and I just looked at my daughter stunned.

"Wow, she's cracked the five kilo mark." Susie said also sounding shocked as to what it was reading. I blinked a few times to make sure I was reading it right. 5.046 kilograms. Holy shit baby girl!

"What's that in pounds?" I asked. Bloody hell, I think she weighs more than what Cade and I weighed combined when we were born. The family records are being broken this year.

"11lbs 2oz." she said as she picked Peyton back up and then took her over to a change table where there was a nappy and a onesie. Hope it fits, because I have a feeling all the newborn sizes we've bought are going to be a little too small for this little princess. I have two daughters, two very beautiful girls that I love with everything I have. And a gorgeous woman that soon I'll get to call my wife and will spend forever loving her.

"Here you go Daddy, she's all yours." Susie said as she stepped away and left me with dressing my little girl. I couldn't keep the grin from spreading over my face as I moved closer to her. As I picked up the nappy to unfold it and put it underneath her, she let out a loud cry and kicked her legs.

"What's all that noise for Peyton? Is Daddy going to slow?" I chuckled lightly as I quickly lifted her up by her feet and placed the nappy underneath her butt. Once the nappy was secure I picked up the onesie and held it up to make sure it would fit. It doesn't look too bad, she's going to look cute in white with her skin and dark hair. It's weird touching something so fragile and small, it's going to take some getting used to doing this again. Peyton is twice the size of Maci when she was born, but just as beautiful. So crazy about my girls.