{Ch.26~School-time Sadness}

Today was the day, I've waited for it for awhile now

        Today was the day, I've waited for it for awhile now. It was like when Bev told me her thing, That was last year. This year I told her my thing.

        I didn't want her to find out cause I didn't consider it a big deal, but I also wanted her to find out cause it was the biggest deal.

       "That long, huh?" She asked as she looked at me. I stared out the window we sat at, I don't know why we were sitting here. I guess everyone knows the term 'outside looking in' but we were on the 'inside looking out'. It felt surreal. In a more depth sense I was 'on the inside f the inside wishing I was on the outside looking in'.

      I nodded as I watched a few kids eyed skate of bike down the sidewalk. I knew them from school, from the halls, from the outside.

      "I didn't exactly hate it, or him, well not at first." I didn't really know how to feel. I just breathed rally hard.

       "And now?" She asked. I thought about how all of this came up, you know how you feel after walking all day or working your muscles for a long period of time? That's what I felt except all of this feeling is in my chest.

       You see, my parents had been like this for awhile, opposites attract, right? Well, no. My mom was a free spirit, always having fun, never really grew up— she let everyone grow up for her. My dad, however, was not; my dad had always been strict, he never road his bike fast as a kid, never went as far up the hill as the other kids whilst sledding. He didn't like noise, he was boring...I had boring.

My parents are opposites.

Richie and I are opposites.

       I never answered Bev, I was just so jittery that my eyebrow had twit her up,  I decided to say something, "everyone fights, including couple, young or old." I said, my voice was a bit deeper and raspy from the salty tears that I kept swallowing. Bev's never seen me cry. I was five when my mother had last seen me cry.

       "Did he scare you?" She asked, I think she asked because of how she felt when she first went through her thing. Henry was an asshole for doing that to her.

       I scrunched my face up as tears welled in my eyes on instinct. I sniffed really hard and put my hand on my head gently, "I'm really sad." I sobbed. I cried, hard and leaned on my window sill while putting my face in my hands. I didn't know why I was sad, I didn't know I cried, but maybe because I thought about Richie and I.

       I was always so uptight and worried about school and college, Richie never cared. He just sat around and loved me, I tried to do both, school and a relationship. I didn't want us to become my parents, that's why I cried. He cared so much and sometimes I wondered if I loved him enough, if he thought about leaving me. I swear I love him with all that's within me but life got hard out of nowhere and I wouldn't dare tell him about why he hasn't been saying 'Hey, Mr. Mulligan' lately. He's been stressed too, he's trying to catch up on his classes and I'm such a distraction to him.