{Ch.21~Hate in Reality, Love in a Photograph}

Have you ever felt strange or out of the ordinary to the point you questioned the person you thought you were? Well that was me right now,  it was a peculiar sensation but I didn't hate it, I was curious about it

      I listened to the tells and shouts, at first they started out as small disagreements but then escalated to yells that made the peace in my house rumble like thunder. I felt my hair move as my weight shifted through my comforter, I felt my hands throb and the slight feeling of my nerves in them, I especially felt my heart beating. Something that we all take for granted,  it was the only thing in my fortress that wasn't still.

       I listened to everything my parents said, how they yelled about home, jobs, the friends they've made. It had to be today of all days, the one time I woke up with a pep in my step. They suddenly stopped and I heard it all happen, the door slam shut, the screams ceasing, my mom walking on the tiles in the kitchen. I took a deep breath and stared at a speck on my rug.

Monday

      "Where's your dad?" He asked as I popped open the tab on the can of pop. I shrugged and sat on my couch next to Richie.

      "Work, he's been picking up extra shifts." I said shrugging, he's been gone for a week.

      "What about you mom?" Stan asked once again. The Losers and I were in my living room— hanging out on a rainy day like this, the weather is supposed to clear up later on, meaning it's gonna get really hot.

       "Store, she decided to try out more recipes to add on to the list of dishes she enjoys fixing." I said, sipping on my pop and setting it on the table.

       I looked at my boyfriend who slouched on my couch with his legs apart and arms resting on the back of my couch. He noticed me staring at him and shrugged, "what's up?"

       I furrowed my brows and ran my fingers by his ear. He flinched away but I pulled him closer to me and sat on my knees to lean closer to him. I looked at the rest of his appearance and looked in shock and disbelief.

       "I'm sorry but are you growing sideburns?" I asked him, he furrowed his brows and ran his fingers on the little bits of hair growing in front of his ears.

       "No way, let me see," Eddie said and pushed Richie's head to the side, "holy shit, you are!"

      "Really, do they look cool?" He asked with a grin. Stan rolled his eyes as the Losers crowded around him to see the knee facial features of the boy.

        "No they make you look like an even bigger douche." He said making us all laugh. Richie's smile dropped and he got up and traveled down my hall. I followed him as he reached the bathroom mirror. I crossed my arms and legs before leaning on the door frame.

       "Do they really look that bad?" He asked as he looked at them in the mirror. I shrugged and walked behind him, wrapping my arms around his torso.