12

12 - weakness

---

Third Person

Gelatin ran out of the bunker, setting off the emergency signal as he ran back inside to fight Tennis Ball with the others. He took Golf Ball down to the emergency room.

While Tennis Ball was panicking, Gelatin caught his eye as he was running and knew that Tennis Ball was lost.
He was lost without her.

That was his weakness.

Tennis Ball trembled as he moved, throwing knives once more. Gelatin was surprised, he was no where near accurate this time than the times before, though he still almost hit the rest.
Pin came back, stuttering that they were having Ruby, and Coiny treated. "What about Golf Ball and Needle?!" Nickel snapped.
"They said they don't know if they'll live, but they're getting treated..."

Tennis Ball's heart stopped, and so did his body.

Gelatin and Nickel noticed, catching each-other's eye.
Nickel turned off the lights, wishing that this plan would work.

"Where's Golf Ball when you need her?" Gelatin whispered, circling around Tennis Ball slowly and cautiously.
"What if she dies?" Nickel snapped quietly.
"Y..You've been her best friend for a loong time, you know.." mumbled a broken, but familiar voice.
Ruby.
Nickel turned his head to see Ruby limping, Bubble holding onto one of her arms.
"You made the biggest mistake of your life, T.B," snickered a firm voice that almost ruined the mood. Match was in the room, holding onto Ruby's other arm.
"Pathetic, who would kill the person they relied on the most?" Bubble sniffled.
"Not to mention you killed many other innocent people." Nickel hissed.

They threw insult after insult, fact after fact.
They knew Tennis Ball was frozen in place, they didn't hear him speak, talk, or walk. They just heard him trembling and letting out broken sighs.

Gelatin ran over to the lights, waiting as Tennis Ball gasped at the sound of running.
.
.
.
.
Gelatin turned on the lights very suddenly as everyone else charged, finally getting to hit Tennis Ball as he weakened mentally and physically.
–•-

"There's an emergency signal at their bunk, Leafy.. what do we do..?"

"Nothing."
"They're my friends, Leafy! They can be yours, too..."

"Ugh, I hate it when you convince me to do weird things."
"I know there's still part of that nice leafy inside of you."

"..Yeah, sure, let's go rescue them."