10

10 - the innocence in red (aftermath)
•••

---

"Give me your crystals and your Yoyleberry soup. Then start making the next batch for the next murder."

"..Alright.."

---

Ruby

I wasn't surprised when I saw the whole bunker panic, even GB. Y'know why?
Nickel got ripped to scraps of metal.
I don't question why or how Tennis Ball did this, I just stayed quiet with Needle.

"Who could have killed him?!"
"Probably Ruby.."
"I mean, it's a possibility."
"Ruby, you should explain."
"Come on man, I'm scared!"

It was overwhelming, watching the objects crowd around me. I hissed slightly, "Heck if I know! Now leave me alone!" I snapped. But I think I made them even more suspicious as they walked away, the other objects starting to eye me carefully.

"Why don't you guys believe me?"
•••

Golf Ball

I admit, I felt bad for Ruby. But the evidence points directly at her, I can't deny. Maybe I don't have to go to the object meeting like we had planned, since I think we already found our murderer.
Ruby went to sleep early for the night as I gathered the objects in the common room.

At once they started to talk about Ruby. I made a roll call, everyone responded except Tennis Ball. Seems like he wanted to rest after getting hit by 'Ruby'. Makes sense.

"I think we can all conclude that Ruby did this." I re-checked my math.
"Of course, I mean, it was obvi." Coiny rolled his eyes, folding his arms.
"Treason!" Needle cried.
"Ruby? I mean, come on guys, she should be innocent!" Bubble whimpered.
"Shut up, stop trying to defend her!" I snapped, but then stopped. "I.. I mean.." I stuttered.
"Just kill her!" Pin whined, 'facepalming'.
"You guys are too much, I'm going to bed." Bubble gasped offendedly, storming to her room.
"Be careful or you'll pop!" Coiny teased as Bubble hissed, slamming her door shut.

We all got quiet, hearing sobbing. It came from Ruby's room. I looked over the group of objects as their expression had softened, except for Coiny. He kept chanting, 'Treason!'
The rest joined in.

I'm sorry.. I couldn't help it.

It was the truth, she's the murderer.

I slowly started to chant as well with Needle grabbing a torch.
Coiny nodded and grabbed a pitchfork. The other objects started following them to Ruby's room. I followed behind, having a bad feeling about all of this. We were all acting like it was war.
But it was, it was Ruby's final hour.

I felt a breeze, but I immediately ignored it, walking along to Ruby's room. After what seemed like forever, I walked up to the door and kicked the door open, not believing my eyes.

•••

Ruby

Oh will they
ever get to see
how there could be
Innocence
In red?

I was making more clues for Tennis Ball to leave at his murders, when he decided that it was just my time to go.
Hour after hour, I kept begging him to show me mercy.

But I was wrong.

I shouldn't have let him murder everyone.
I started to cry as he grabbed his knife, walking over to me. We heard footsteps as I continued to cry and whine.

That's when I felt a burning sensation.

I can tell he panicked.
He stabbed me once. Then twice, then three times. I counted five before I fell to my knees.

That's when they came in.
I watched Golf Ball crowd over me as I closed my eyes.
•••
Golf Ball

I kicked the door open to see Tennis Ball stabbing Ruby.

I gasped, starting to scream. Everything was blurry because I was so mad.

"TENNIS BALL!"
I heard another stab.
"STOP! STOP IT NOW!" I cried violently, pushing him away. "Ruby!" I fell to my knees, trying to see if she was still awake. But she wasn't.

I immediately thought she was dead.

I looked over to Tennis Ball in shock, watching him stare at me with a stare I've never seen before.
An insanely psychopathic stare.

I screamed, taking Ruby's body. I ran out of the room, and so did the objects. TB slowly followed, I could see him from the corner of my eye.

Oh why
Couldn't I see
The innocence
In red?