8

8 - regret
•••

Golf Ball

"He's awake, GB." Gelatin peeked into my room. Immediately, I sat up in bed, "R..Really?? Can I see him??"
"Yeah, but I don't necessarily think he wants to see you."
"Gelatin, you must be out of your mind. Of course he'd want to see me!"
"..Whatever you say.." Gelatin mumbled. I scoffed, following him into a room.

•••

"TB!" I exclaimed, running in. He was reading a book and didn't look up to see me.
"Hi."
I immediately scrunched up my face in confusion. I didn't expect that reaction. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Gelatin slapping on some sunglasses and stared at me as if to say, 'I told you so'.
"Are.. You okay?" I tilted my head, frowning.
"Yep." Tennis Ball replied sloppily, popping the p. I tried not to gasp, but I did. Only just a little.
"You seem lightheaded. You must be.. I mean, you probably didn't get enough sleep-" I tried so hard to make up an excuse to why my best friend didn't want to talk to me.
"I'm fine, Golf Ball."

I stared at his bandages, trying to pretend like I didn't care that he was giving me a cold stare. "How's your bandages." I snapped. Internally, I facepalmed. 1000 times. I didn't even ask the question!! I just demanded an answer!
I looked up at Tennis Ball after a few minutes because he didn't respond. He seemed nervous himself.
Tch.
"It's okay.." He muttered, looking down.

"You're still coming with us,, right..?"

There was a long silence. I knew Tennis Ball, if he took too long to answer then he didn't want to answer.
About two minutes had passed until I heard him stutter,

"I.. I can't.."

I felt like I just got ran over by the FreeSmart super van.
One million times.

I almost burst into tears on the spot, but I managed not to.
"What do you mean?! C.. Come on, Tennis Ball!! You're not giving up on us!!" My voice rose higher and higher.

"We can't do that, GB.. What if someone.. The killer, perhaps, finds the van? It can track us down.. Tease us by killing us one.. By one.." He whispered, staring at the wall like he was hypnotized.
"SNAP OUT OF IT!" I growled.

"Oh really?! What do you know, anyways?! You can't just go out there!! That's a stupid move!! You're being plain stupid!" TB scowled.

I felt my heart crack.
Just a tiny bit.
I didn't know why, but it did.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I looked up at TB, who immediately reacted as his expression softened.

"Golf Ball, I-"

I started to sob, running away.

•••

???

Perfect. Just what I needed.
Broken up a friendship. Now all I need to do is kill the remaining survivors.. It can't be that hard, right?

Not.
To be the murderer you have to be in the bunker at all times.
Stay low.
Innocent.

It's very hard to contain your confessions when the objects talk about how scared they are.

But again, I cannot show mercy.

I don't feel bad. But I do at the same time..

I sighed, looking off to the side as Golf Ball stormed past me, clearly not caring about what I was about to say to her.