6

Chapter Six - The Cave

"These are where the rubies come from."
~~~
Firey

"So, Leafy, I'm guessing that you really know about this place."

"Yeah, I really like it here. But I kind of got tired of the food..." Leafy glared at me. I smiled nervously, remembering when Gelatin kind of.. Well, killed her, I guess? But at least she was recovered. All we saw was her disappearing.

"Makes sense. Anyways, do you just live in the woods? Or are there actually more things around here?" I glanced over at my surroundings. "Well,there's the mountains, the farms, the weird cities, the Yoyle Cave.." Leafy shrugged.

The Yoyle Cave? That sounds interesting..

"Can you show me the Yoyle Cave?"
"Well, yeah, I go there all the time. It's really close, too."
"Awesome!"

And so she got up and I really had no choice but to follow her. I kind of had more trust issues than before, so I followed with caution. After what seemed like a few minutes, she leaned on a tree.

"What'll that do--"
"Go ahead, lean on it. I'm not that strong enough, anyways."
"Leafy, I'm fire. I can burn the tree down!"
"No, you can't," Leafy grinned.
"What are you talking about??"
"This isn't made out of wood." Leafy yawned. Oh.

I leaned on the tree, and sure enough, it didn't burn. "Push backwards." She started to push the tree. I shrugged, doing the same. Something popped, making the tree go sideways. Leafy seemed happy, but I was actually still confused.

A few moments later there was a huge thump coming from behind, and something like a trapdoor opened a hole in the ground. That makes sense now. Leafy motioned me to follow her as she jumped into the hole.

I looked down the hole, making sure she was all right, and most importantly if she wasn't leading me into a death house. I looked up at the sky for a while and thought, until I finally noticed-

Water?

It's raining?! OMO, what should I do?!

"Hurry up or your gonna die from the rain!" Leafy called out. I'd rather die from rain than face Leafy in a duel. But of course, I have to take some risks, right? I breathed in, jumping into the hole. One thought I had before I fell was, 'I wish I still had that Rain Shelter place!'

Then I started screaming, since it looked like a deep drop! I kept screaming until I noticed I was already on the ground. Leafy was on the floor laughing.

"Oh, haha.. Sorry..?" I awkwardly shrugged. She rolled her eyes. "It's fine."

I looked at my surroundings once again. It was beautiful. Everything was dark and grey but the crystals lit up the cave with their color. "Welcome to the Yoyle Cave!" Leafy called out, throwing her hands into the air. Her sentence echoed through the cave, making it more eerie.

"Wow, this place is pretty." I awed. "This is where the rubies, gems, emeralds, and diamonds are made. Rubies are the most easiest to find, so basically these are where the rubies come from! Since there's not a lot of others.." Leafy trailed off. "Anyways, I find small rubies all the time! I collect them." She whistled.

"Cool, so like, you have Ruby shards?" I tilted my head. Leafy nodded.

She still seemed pretty suspicious to me, but at least she didn't kill me already, am I right or am I right?

Or am I not?
Huh. I'm sure I'm right.

Of course I am.