Chapter 16

~~Jess Pov ~~

I explained the situation that I had with Zayn and Katherine to Louis whilst making dinner. I had my back turned to him the whole time in fear of what his facial expressions would look like.

"So let me get this straight, Katherine wants us to split up because Zayn isn't good enough for her in bed?" Louis asked, breaking the awkward silence between us.

He was pacing around the living room, picking up pillows and blankets in search for something. I didn't exactly tell him the truth but I also didn't lie to him. It was true that Katherine was jealous of our relationship but if it means having my past come back to haunt me, I have no option but to leave him.

"Yeah" I lied through the skin of my teeth dragging my response as if I was questioning what I had just said.

"What are you even looking for" I quickly asked him in attempt to change the subject as he continued to destroy the living room furniture.

"I've lost my phone"

"Have you tried ringing it" I bluntly asked him.

"It's on silent and plus the battery was low so it's probably dead by now".

I sighed grabbing my phone off the top of the microwave and dialled his number. I heard a muffled vibration noise coming from the living room but couldn't quite sense where it was.

"Well it's in the house" I said as I re-dialled his number once again. The vibration was getting louder and louder as I walked over to the couch digging inside the mount load of pillows until I found it down the side.

"Is this what you're looking for" I ask him as I held up his phone.

"You're a star" He shouted as he rushed over to me and gave me a bear crashing hug.

"But a failure of a cook" he smirked into my ear as he gestured over to the stove which now had smoke coming out from it.

I swore under my breath as I ran into the kitchen and turned of the gas, fanning the smoke away with a towel before the fire alarm was set off. I put all the burnt food into the waste bin and shoved all the dishes into the dishwasher.

"I wasn't hungry anyways" I quietly said as I plopped down next to him on the couch. I slid down halfway and closed my eyes, letting out a deep sigh. I heard him chuckle next to me.

"Babe who's Carla?"

"My Manager why?" I paused for a second before I realised what I had just said.

"WAIT WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON MY PHONE" I raised my voice at him. I leaned over to grab my phone from his hand but he wasn't going to give in that easily.

"You're Manager, hey?" He wiggled his eyebrows at me and flashed his famous smirk.

"Where do you work" He grinned at me holding it up higher in the air as I tried to reach it. I threw myself onto him, putting a leg on either side of his waist as I tried to grab it from his towering height.

"It's none of your fucking business where I work, okay!" I spat back at him. I snatched my phone from his hand as I opened up the message I received 10 minutes ago.

From: Carla

WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU. YOU'RE LATE FOR WORK. I TOLD YOU THAT TONIGHT WAS IMPORTANT BUT YOU CANT BE FUCKED TO GET YOUR LAZY ASS HERE. GET THE FUCK DOWN HERE OR YOUR OUT!

Shit. I was meaning to cancel tonight's shift due to the Halloween party at school which I had to prepare for. Prepare as in making decorations and all of that other shit with Courtney. Louis watched my expression as I re-read the message several times before getting up. I shoved my phone into my jean pocket and jogged over to the stairs slipping on a pair of vans and a coat.

"I'm late, she's gonna kill me, I'll meet you tomorrow" I said to Louis taking a two second pause between each sentence.

"You're not going anywhere until you answer my question" He eyed me as he backed me up against the stairs so I fell back onto them. He stood between my legs placing a hand on either side of my shoulders on the top step whilst he looked straight into my eyes.

I was too lost in his trance to answer.

"WELL" he asked slightly raising his voice at me sounding a bit impatient and forceful.

"I work at a shop in town. Evening shifts and I was supposed to take this evening off because I wanted to prepare for the Halloween party with Courtney" I quietly said.

"Do you want me to drop you off?" he asked me now backing away from me.

"No, no it's fine; I'll go and tell her that I'm sick or something.

He moved to the side letting me get past as he nodded for me to go. I mentally thanked him and rushed to my car. I drove down the streets as quickly as I could in fear that he was following me. My instincts told me to not trust another man just yet, and that included Louis.

I parked my car behind a large building that had music pounding through it. The chilled breeze blew down my spine making me shiver. I hugged my coat, hoping that it would provide some warmth as I stood outside the club. Dave the security guard greeted me with a nod and I led myself backstage and up stairs until I found the office.

"Carla I-"

"Save it bitch, when I say I want you here at 6pm for your shift, I bloody damn well mean it. Now go get stripped down before I kick you out" She said cutting me off.

Carla has been my first ever manager, well this is the only place I've only managed to find a job to tend for myself seeing that my mother doesn't give a damn. Carla was nice when I first met her but she's turned into a right bitch now. I look over to see her filling out some forms probably employing more staff. She had her dark brown, faded black hair tied up in a bun which rested nicely on the top of head along with the same pair of hoops she always used to wear. Her tanned skin topped it off giving her that chavy look.

"Carla I can't work toni-" I spoke as my words hitched in my throat as I tried to get out my sentence. She could tell I was nervous but cut me off once again.

"Jessica. I'm going to tell you one more time"

"GET.YOUR.ASS.IN THAT CHANGING ROOM.BEFORE I FIRE YOU". She shouted. I felt like a small child being told off for something I didn't even do when she said my full name.

I let out a deep sigh and headed towards the changing room, knowing that she wasn't going to give in to my demands. I didn't even want to be here. I don't even know why I was here in the first place but if I quit i'd have no money to sort myself out. I have no experience to work in any of the shops I told Louis I was working in and this was the only option for me at the time. Once you turn to dancing, there's no going back.

"Oh and Jessica" She paused

"You're workig the pole tonight" She smirked at me.

A/N: Hey guys. Thought i'd give you a quick update for this week. . Finally got round to updating. Sorry its short but there's more to come :)

Dedicated reader goes to @DayDreamer_110 for being a regular voter in the 1D awards and a lovely reader.

Theres an image of Carla on the side who is portrayed by the lovely Michelle Keegan

I've entered my fanfic in to the 2014 1D fanfic awards under the best Louis category and would be grateful if you could all vote. I'll try and put an external link on the side. All you have to do is comment #6. Voters can vote everyday so any votes would be much appreciated.

http://www.wattpad.com/44503619-1d-fan-fiction-awards-2014-best-louis-full

Please remember to Comment, Vote, Share and Subscribe

Ella :)x