Chapter 1

A/N: Trailer on the side which has been produced and edited by the lovely @larryskid13

Dear Diary

It's another cold autumn day. The leaves outside are rustling in the trees in the mist of the wind along with a few birds chirping here and there. A few months ago, my mother, Cassandra and I moved to Doncaster because she wanted a fresh start from her divorce and she also got promoted to work as a designer for a local lingerie company; not the best choice of jobs for a 35 year old but it's something. My life's pretty much hectic at the moment with school and exams. I need to get good enough grades so I can fulfil my lifelong dream of being a model... Or dancer I haven't quite decided yet. But something along those lines...

I heard my name being shouted from the bottom of the staircase along with the sound of jingling car keys and panicked moans alerting me to quickly slam the cover of my purple velvet diary shut. I took a deep breath, running my index finger along the words that have been engraved onto the front cover in gold metallic writing before quickly placing it beneath my mattress and leaving my room.

"Yes Mum," I asked looking down at her from the top step in a weird way as she fiddles with her hair.

"I'm off to work and I won't be back till late. There's money on the kitchen counter for take away. Oh and the new neighbours will be arriving today so please make them feel welcome.". She blurted out in a hurry, heading straight for the door without even saying good bye.

"Bye then!" I muttered to the closed door as I made my way back to my own room.

'I basically stood there not even shocked at her actions. She's been like this ever since she and dad broke up. All she cares about is her stupid job, it's like I'm invisible'. I wrote into my diary whilst tiny droplets of tears fell from my eyes onto each painful word.

I don't believe in love. Not in my situation.

Ella :)x