Chapter 32 ☑️

Annabelle

"Are you sure you're okay baby?" Angelo asks me. Charlotte left a few minutes ago.

I had just woken up about 30 minutes ago.

It took me a while for what happened yesterday to all come back to me, and when it did I kind of had a panic attack.
When that happened, Charlotte woke up and tried to calm me down but it wasn't working.
I tried to calm down but it wasn't working, I just didn't have any control over my body at that time.

When I was finally able to calm down Charlotte left to get freshened up, Angelo and I have just been cuddling each other since.

"Yes Angelo I'm fine, just a little shaken up still." I told him. He nodded.

"I understand, but it's going to get better, trust me on that." He said rubbing my stomach.

"I know, surprisingly I actually feel alright." I told him honestly.

While it is traumatic to witness something like that, that man tried to rape me and he deserved to die. If that's what had to be done to prevent me from becoming a victim of his assault then so be it.

What I saw yesterday may have scarred me for life, but my boyfriend is in the mafia and I accepted both him and his lifestyle no matter how much I might dislike it, at some point in time I would have been exposed to something similar to yesterday down the road no matter how much Angelo may try to prevent it.

I was mentally preparing myself for the worse, which I know may not have been a good strategy.

"Are you sure baby, maybe you should talk to someone maybe a therapist?" He suggested.

"We have a family therapist. " Angelo added. Maybe I should see one, I know it's not good to keep stuff like this bottled up. And by this being a family therapist, that would mean I don't have to sugar coat shit.
-----------

After freshening up for the day I head downstairs to the kitchen.

I see a plate of food already on the table just calling my name.
"That's your food on the table tesoro." (Sweetheart)
"Thank you." I said and sat down.

"SIS" I hear Charlotte yell running towards me. Soon I was inside a bone crushing hug delivered by Charlotte.

"Hey" I laughed. She let me go and I start eating my food. "Are you okay?" She asks.

"I'm fine." I said when I was finished chewing.

"Well there's something I need to tell you." She said seriously.

"What is it?" I said furrowing my eyebrows.

"Well... that Tara chick is off her rocker."She started.

"What?" I said not really sure where she is going with this.

"Yeah, I heard she completely freaked out when Angelo refused to let her see you. Apparently they had to drag her out." She said.

"Are you serious?"I asked. I figured she was a little off, but I thought that was just because she was lonely.

"Yeah and get this. I overheard that she was working under some detective that helped with Angelo's arrest. All I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't really be around her. Or just don't have any contact with her at all." She said.

"Wow." Is all I could say.

"Sis I know you're probably going through some shit with what happened yesterday, so just rest up and try to relax for a bit yeah? Maybe we can have a girls day, but here." She said smiling."

"Sure." I said smiling.

Things are just so weird right now.
It's probably best if I stay away from Tara for a while or indefinitely. I would try to hear her side of the story but I don't want whatever she has to say to me to put stress on my baby so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

"Great, oh Angelo you're here, do you mind running an errand for us?" Charlotte said as Angelo walked into the room. He raised an eyebrow.

"What kind of errand?" he asked.

"Okay we need two pedicure spa kits, and A LOT of chocolate." she told him.

He sighed, "Alright anything else?" he asked.

"Oh! Do you have any massage chairs here?" Charlotte asked.

He nodded. "There's a few in the movie room, is that all your highness?" He said sarcastically.

"Yes peasant, now get to stepping." She said making me laugh. Angelo rolled his eyes and gave me a kiss.

"I'll be back." He said and left.

"Let's go." Charlotte said walking towards the movie room