Chapter 14 ☑️

Annabelle

"Anna" she says shocked then looked towards Angelo.
"Oh hello." She greets him a little hesitant.

"Hello Mrs. Alleyne may we come in" he asks politely.

My mom must have realized we were still outside so she opened the door wider.

"Yes of course come in." We walked in and my mom squeezed the life out of me.
"It's so good to see you again baby" She says kissing my cheek.

"It's good to see you to mom but you're kind of squeezing the life out of me" I told her.

She let go and mumbled an apology and turned to Angelo and hugged him.
"Hi honey.. sorry about earlier I barley recognized you for a second." She said and he smiled. Liar.

"It's okay Mrs. Alleyne." He hugged her back.

"Hey Anna, what are you doing here?" I heard my dad ask once we entered the living room.

"Hi daddy I'm just visiting" I say and he gets up to hug me.
"Where's Charlotte ?" I asked them.

"Oh she's at a friends house." My mom answers.
Charlotte is my younger sister she's 17.

"Come on honey let's go into the other room and let the men talk to each other." Mama grabs my hand and takes me to the kitchen.

"So when did you two get back together?" She asked.

"What are you talking about?" I asked her confused as heck.

"Chile I'm not stupid there's no way you two came here as just friends." She said and I almost chocked on my soul.

"I mean we just rekindled we don't have a label or anything yet" I told her even tho he keep calling me his wife to people.
"If you say so."
She led me to the kitchen where I saw a platter of cookies. "Get you some cookies and let's catch up, I haven't seen you since Christmas." She told me.
I washed my hands and grabbed two chocolate chip cookies, they're my favorite.
"So what happened to that boy you told me you were dating? I never got a chance to meet him." My eyes widened.
"Uh, we broke up, found out we weren't really compatible with each other." I said feeling sick again. I really don't want to think about Andre, every time I do I see him tied up in that chair.

"Well what about your apartment? Didn't you say he helped you get that? Did he take it back? Where are you staying now?" She threw a million questions at me.

"Calm down I still have my apartment, I just haven't been there lately." I told her. Why did I say that?

"Why haven't you been staying there?" She asked me. Well I can't say I've been kidnapped so what other lie do I come up with?

"It just brings back bad memories for me right now I'm still getting over the breakup so Angelo is letting me stay with him." I told her hoping that'll get her off the topic.
"Ok well as long as you're not homeless you know you always have your room here if you ever need to move back." She told me.

We switched the subject to school since I'll be graduating soon. It's only my junior year but I have enough credits to graduate. I'm a psych major and I'm currently finishing up my last few classes and thankfully they're online. Actually I should probably ask for my laptop because I'm pretty sure I have assignments due.

Honestly school was the last thing on my mind when I was taken.