Opie's POV

I unlocked my truck and then drove to get the Jacob. I started thinking about how I couldn't live without Meredith the thought alone made me feel like I couldn't breathe. I finally made it to Jacob's house and walked in without knocking. I was greeted by Jocelyn.

"Morning Opie!" She chirped "Jacob will be down soon."

"Can I ask you something?" I asked before I could back out.

"You know you can. What's up?" she said while getting her coffee.

"I was wondering if I could propose to Meredith at your wedding?" I asked. She looked shocked first and then let out a ear piercing squeal

"Oh my goodness opie! Of course you can." She exclaimed

"He can what?" Jacob asked as he was coming down the stairs.

"He wants to propose to Meredith at the wedding!" She almost screamed and he chuckled at her enthusiasm.

"Really? You ready for that next step?" he asked as he sat down

"Yeah I really am. I love her so much she so good with mama and she's like a light when she's around." I said while smiling. They both looked at each other and smiled.

"We were thinking of moving The Wedding Date up to this Saturday. Everything is ready and we didn't want to wait any longer." Jocelyn Smiles as she looked over the coffee cup at me.

I smiled at this Revelation. "I was actually going to get the ring today. All we got to do is talk to the farmer's. I've already checked on the cows and goats." I said while looking over at Jacob

"Oh! Can I come I want to help?" Jocelyn said while smiling.

"Of course you can. It will help to have the opinion of a woman."

Later that day me and Jacob stop by the store to have lunch before we pick up Jocelyn to get the ring. I went inside and sat down Meredith looked over to me and her face brightened. She walked over to me so I stood up to hug her. We talked a little bit and Jacob came in and he told her what he wanted to eat and about the wedding date. Then asked if she would come of course she agreed she took our order and started back working a little bit later she brought the food back and we ate in silence.

About a hour later that day me, Jacob and Jocelyn were at the jewelry store looking for a ring. We have been here for about an hour looking for the right one. None of them fit Meredith personality.

"Opie, What about this one?" Jocelyn asked with a small smile on her face. I walked over to where she was as did Jacob. I smiled really big when I saw the ring she was looking at. I knew it was the one for Meredith unique just like her. I told the salesman that's the one I wanted and told him the size. I paid for it and gave it a Jocelyn to keep so Meredith wouldn't find it.

 I paid for it and gave it a Jocelyn to keep so Meredith wouldn't find it

I just got home about 20 minutes ago Ms. Edwards just left. I was currently talking to Mom about proposing and I thought she would faint from being so happy.

"Opie I'm so happy for you." She said while hugging me.

"I'm so nervous." I said.

"Don't be she loves you it's apparent on her face." she said firmly.

"I love you Mama." I said going to hug her again.

"I love you too." she said patting me on the back.

We heard her car pull up outside. So I told mama not to move and I went out to help her with the groceries. I opened her back door and got the all the bags out because I'm on one trip kind of person. when I straighten up I looked over to see what she has in her hands and I barked out a laugh when I saw that she had a birthday cake.

"Why did you get a cake with the name Larry on it?" I asked.

"Discount cake." she shrugged. I couldn't help the smile that took over my face. I helped her put all the way all the groceries and I went to sit with mama while she cooked.

"What were you laughing about out there?" She asked as I sat down in my recliner.

"She bought a birthday cake with the name Larry on it." I said while smiling

"Why?" she asked while smiling.

"All she said was discount cake." I said while shaking my head. She soon came back with Mama's plate for her to eat. As she went back to the kitchen I followed her to get my plate but she met me halfway with my plate. I kissed her forehead and mumbled a thank you. We went back to the living room and ate. All I could think about was proposing to the amazing woman across the room from me.