Opie's POV

I couldn't believe she stood up to Hannah like that. It was so hot to watch her talk to Hannah like she was stupid. I almost felt bad for poor Mitch. We skated up till about midnight. Then left Kate rode back with us and we all got home about one thirty am. Kate went to her bedroom but Meredith asked if she could sleep with me. Of course I said yes so I gave her one of my t shirts and it came down to her knees she's so beautiful.

"I have something to ask you." I said while getting comfortable on my bed. She laid down next to me a d got comfortable as well

"Shoot." She said while snuggling into my side.

"I know we just met and all but I'd really like it if you'd be my girl." I told her holding my breath waiting on her answer. I could see she was having a inner debate with her self. I could understand why cause she was suppose to be going to Florida.

"What about me leaving to go to Florida?" She asked me.

"I'm willing to do whatever it takes for you to be happy. I've enjoyed my time with you. If your up for it I am too." I said while smiling at her.

"Well if you're willing I am too." She said while snuggling close again after that we went to sleep.

I got up the next morning before everyone. Well except mama. She was up drinking coffee I got me a cup and drank it and a few minutes later I heard a horn blow. I told mama I'd see her later and gave her a kiss on the head.

I hopped in Jacobs truck and started rubbing my hands together trying to get warm.

"Morning." He said while backing up I grunted in response. I'm not a morning person at all.

When we got to the farm needless to say we were speechless. I don't think any words could explain what we were seeing in front of us. All the goats were dead. They were all swollen and feet up. I looked at Jacob and he looked confused. I was also confused. I don't know why they were all dead. I dreaded what I would have to do. I walked over to one and raised my shirt over my nose and cut him open. A ton of soggy bread came out and I felt like a dumbass.

"Well there goes all our goats." Jacob said while shaking his head. I couldn't believe this had happened. I shook my head and we walked back to get the digger to bury all the goats.

"Looks like we'll be going to a goat sell tomorrow." I said to Jacob.