Opie's POV

I can't believe that went down perfectly. I am shocked beyond words. Jacob finally had a great idea. I'm glad Jase and Kate hit it off so well. Later that night we all agreed to meet at my house to go ride horses. I knew Meredith was excited that she'd get to ride them again and I knew Kate was beyond excited. I'm glad Kate came it's like she brought out a whole knew Meredith.

Me and Meredith was riding in my truck I think Jacob went to get Jocelyn. Kate's riding on the back of Jase's motorcycle.

"What are you afraid of Meredith?" I asked while looking over at her. I knew she was scared cause she was keeping her distance.

"What are you talking about?" She asked looking anywhere but at me.

"I mean why don't you wanna get close to me let me be apart of your life please." I begged

"I can't do that Opie you'll get hurt. Kayden won't stop until I'm miserable." She replied while frowning.

"I can handle myself let him come here I can garantuette that he will leave with a permanent limp. I have never let my self get close with anyone but you. I really want you to stay in my life Meredith." I said.

I started thinking about that bastard trying to hurt her or me. If he did he would immediately regret ever bothering her. The other guys might not have stood up for her but I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit by while he hurts her.

"You really mean it Opie like really really mean it? You wouldn't leave when it all got to tough and tried to pull us apart?" She asked all seriousness in her vocie.

"I promise I would never leave when the going got tough. It not in my nature I always stick it out until I come out on top." I said while holding her hand and rubbing circles on the back of her hand reassuringly.

"I don't know I gotta think about it." She said still frowning. I wish I could make her smile she's so much prettier when she smiles.

We finally got to the barn and me, Jacob and Jase saddled our horse's along with the girls horse's. We then went riding for several hours. After we went back to my house where mama had cooked dinner for all of us. I knew Meredith was excited to eat with mama I think she really liked her and I knew mama liked Meredith as her own child.  Im really glad they got along so well. We got to the house and mama was waiting for us to come in so she could go ahead and poor the tea up. She made us wash our hands and sit down.

"So how was the horse's today?" She asked while we got out food on our plate.

"They were fantastic! I'm Kate by the way Meredith's best friend." Kate smiled as she went to shake mamas hand and instead Mama got up and hugged her.

"In this house we hug unless your a man and you gotta feel manly and shake hands." Mama said while laughing.
"Jase I haven't seen you in forever how's that sweet sister of yours?" Mama asked Jase as he sat there and stared at Kate.

He cleared his throat and said "You know how teenagers are they're always moody. Besides being moody I guess shes fine she doesn't really talk to me."

"That's too bad I'm sorry to hear that. It must be hard if you need anything you let me know okay?" Mama told him. He mumbled a quick "yes ma'am" before looking back over to Kate where she was talking to Meredith.

Later that night I was driving Meredith back to her room.

"Mama told me to tell you that if you get tired of staying here you and Kate can come stay at the house with us." I told her while holding her.

She beamed at me "That sounds great tell her thank you for me we'll come over tomorrow how's that?" She asked while snuggling into my chest taking deep breathes smelling me but not wanting to seem obvious.

I nodded my head and then kissed her on top of her head and told her good night.