Opie's POV

The kiss was absolutely amazing. I ain't never had a kiss like that before. She told me that was her first kiss ever and it made it that much better. I couldn't believe I kissed her it just felt right. I got up to leave cause it was almost morning. She walked me to the door and we kissed again it was just as great as the first time if not better.

I got home around four am. Mama was sitting in her chair drinking coffee. She saw me come in and she stood up and went to the kicthen but I stopped her half way to the kitchen. I told her I was asleep on my feet and I'd eat later. Also asked her if she would called Jacob and tell him he has the day off unless he wants to go check on the cows. I stripped down and got in bed and was out like a light once my head hit the pillow.

Later that day I went to get Meredith from the boarding house. We were gonna ride horses today. She was practically buzzing with excitement.

About half hour later we made it to the farm with the horses. She looked beyond happy to just relax and forget about her past and just let it go.

"Have you ever rode a horse?" I asked her while smiling down at her.

"A little when I was younger. But it's been a while. I remember loving it." She replied sheepishly with a hint of blush across her cheeks. I thought she was adorable.

"Well I'm gonna saddle up two horses. When I come back I'll help you up and we'll take it slow." I said. She all of a sudden burst out laughing. I then thought about my words and shook my head smiling. "Get your mind out the gutter girly."

Later that day after we had went riding she got off her horse and was walking like a cowboy. She told me she was so sore. She was also hungry so I took her to the store. We sat down and mama came over.

"What would y'all like to eat today?" She asked while waiting for our order.

"Ooooo I'll have your fried Chicken Rick and gravy and butter beans please ma'am. Oh and sweet tea!" Meredith said while smiling at mama.

"What ya want Opie?" She turned to me smiling.

"Mmm I think I'll have the same." I said while mama wrote down the order to take back to Terry the cook.

Me and Meredith made small talk until the food came. We immediately stop talking and started eating the silence wasn't awkward it was the kind of silence where the food is great.

Afterwards I took her back to the boarding house and left. I called Jacob when I got in my truck and asked him if he wanted to do something. He practically begged me to come save him from talking girly wedding stuff. I drove over to his house and he was running down the drive way. I laughed out loud as he got in the truck.

"Man that shit ain't funny. They were killing me. Talking about the color blue. Do you know how many blues there are!?!" He asked wide eyes.

"I know there's more then two. Your supposed to make it less stressful for her not just leave her." I said while laughing.

"I know but sometimes I just can't deal with all that frilly stuff. It's like just stuff me in a suit and send me to the church." He said shaking his head.
"So how have you and Meredith been doing?" He asked.

"We're pretty good I guess just progressing in friend ship. I kissed her the other night though. Man let me tell you it was wonderful." I said while smiling. Man I have it bad and I don't even know the girl well enough but she's just so perfect.