Opie's POV

Me and Jase were preparing for the trip down there currently we were hooking up the trailer to the truck and putting goat stuff in the back of the truck.

"You think they're excited to see us?" He asked while tying down stuff that might fly out.

"Oh yeah Meredith was really excited when I told her we were coming." I said while smiling. When I told her about us coming down I could tell she was excited even if she was trying to hold it in. Jase was pretty excited about seeing Kate as well. Jase got a phone call when we got done loading up and his face visibly hardened when he saw who was calling he walked away and took the phone call. He came back with a lighter expression and still had his phone pressed to his ear.

"Kate's asking what we want to eat?" He asked me while smiling. Man he had it bad.

"Tell her it doesn't matter I'll eat anything she puts in front of me." I said while shrugging my shoulders. He repeated it to Kate and hung up.

"Hey man you okay? Who was that first call?" I asked even though I probably shouldn't have it's none of my business but he felt like a friend so I had to look out for him.

"It was just my father." He said through gritted teeth and I could tell he didn't want to talk about it

"Well if you and your sister ever need some where to get away from him my doors always open." I said while walking toward the house.

"Thanks man." He said a little lighter. He got on his motorcycle and drove away.

Later that night Jacob came over while me and mama were eating. Mama made him sit down while she fixed him a plate.

"Y'all ready to go tomorrow?" He asked while shoveling food in his mouth. I grimaced at how he was eating. He looked like a hooligan. I know his mama raised him better than that I don't know how Jocelyn puts up with it.

"Yeah man were all loaded up and everything. I think Jase is bring his motorcycle to load on the trailer tomorrow. Stop acting like you ain't ate in days I know Jocelyn feeds ya." I said a little bit irritated.

"Sorry man." He said while wiping his mouth on the back of his hand. I grunted in response.

"I packed y'all food for the trip I know that sweet Meredith will feed y'all while you're down there" she said while patting me on the back in passing.

"Thanks mama." I said while walking Jacob out.

"Y'all be careful going down there." He said while getting in his truck. I nodded in reply and walked back in and took a shower and got into bed and passed out.

We had been on the road for a couple of hours now and we were pretty close to the Florida line we we're talking about everything and I felt like Jase needed a buddy. He seemed pretty excited about getting out of that little town I knew he would be moving as soon as his sister graduated high school. All of a sudden I got a phone call from Meredith.

"Hey babe." I answered while smiling.

"Opie someone's here and they shot Kate AHHHH." She screamed out and the line went dead I tried calling her back but it went straight to voicemail. I stepped on the gas to try and get there faster.

"What's wrong man?" Jase asked unaware what was happening. I was gripping the steering wheel so tightly that I thought I might break it.

"Kate's been shot and I think Meredith was too. She said someone was in the house but she didn't know who." I said through gritted teeth I hope they're alright I can't lose Meredith.

The next thing Jase said summed up how I felt "Fuck!".

Y'all I'm sorry I've had a huge writers block and if it wasn't for my mama I wouldn't have been able to get these chapters out. la3yun1c0rn